• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang February 2024 Sales & Production: 4,115 Sold / 6,557 Produced

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Mustang February 2024 Sales & Production Figures
  • Mustang February Sales: 4,115 Sales. (YTD): 7,886
    • February sales represents a 9.1% increase from January 2024 (3,771 sales).
  • Mustang February Production: 6,557 Produced. (YTD): 12,701 Produced
    • February production represents a 10.6% increase from January 2024 (5,926 produced).
See January 2024 results

S650 Mustang Mustang February 2024 Sales & Production: 4,115 Sold / 6,557 Produced feb-2024-ford-u-s-sales-1
S650 Mustang Mustang February 2024 Sales & Production: 4,115 Sold / 6,557 Produced feb-2024-ford-u-s-sales-2
S650 Mustang Mustang February 2024 Sales & Production: 4,115 Sold / 6,557 Produced feb-2024-ford-u-s-sales-3
Sponsored

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
16,800 units avail on a burn rate of 4000? So already 4 months of rotting inventory? And production outpacing sales by 1/3? And same-month/year sales slowing by >15%? I smell rebates by June. And probably even more desperate loan rates. Or everyone at the plant gets a month-long July holiday and then some.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
16,800 units avail on a burn rate of 4000? So already 4 months of rotting inventory? And production outpacing sales by 1/3? And same-month/year sales slowing by >15%? I smell rebates by June. And probably even more desperate loan rates. Or everyone at the plant gets a month-long July holiday and then some.
Then why is my simple GT taking so long to schedule and build?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Then why is my simple GT taking so long to schedule and build?
your dealer (or region) 'sucks' in the hierarchy of importance. Or you chose options that are wildly oversubscribed.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
your dealer (or region) 'sucks' in the hierarchy of importance. Or you chose options that are wildly oversubscribed.
Could be the dealer, but other builds same as mine (except for paint) have been built before mine.
I’m scheduled but six weeks out.

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
My cars been in production since 2/8. Supposedly built just sitting at ramp 51. No one knows what’s wrong with it.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
year over year being down is the real story-especially when the S550 this time last year was on its down slope too...loan rates suck but let's face it...S650 is not a hit. IMHO an interior redo is needed and soon. That is the only way I would consider one...with a hefty discount too.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Overseas production is just about to start which will restrict US market production. I suspect building up an inventory is part of this. My RHD car is being built in the first week of April together with the first batch of cars for Europe. This will take up a big chunk of production capacity.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
year over year being down is the real story-especially when the S550 this time last year was on its down slope too...loan rates suck but let's face it...S650 is not a hit. IMHO an interior redo is needed and soon. That is the only way I would consider one...with a hefty discount too.
S550 production was winding up this time last year so obviously down. Everybody knew the S650 was coming, some had even placed orders.

S650 is not a hit? - tell all the owners!

Interior redo - it's just had one!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
https://www.newyorkfed.org/medialibrary/interactives/householdcredit/data/pdf/HHDC_2023Q4

Slides 29 and 30 show defaults increasing across all age groups; it's a tell things are slowing down.

We've all been discussing the ever-increasing costs of the vehicle, interest rates and insurance. Given the choice between a coupe and an SUV, while many will want the Mustang, they'll buy the more practical SUV.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t own at least one SUV.
Colorad is full of 4-wheel drive trucks and all wheel drive SUV’s.
Two wheel dr trucks are very rare & worthless in a trade.
The Mustang is for those who want to have a Fun driving experience.
The mustang is advertised as a 4 seater but two adults and one German Shepard is a load.
Mines on order and I just hope we get it before the 2025’s come out!

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
They only have themselves to blame for orders being down.
They wouldn't accept my order as it wasn't one of the magical mystery builds they're doing for the UK in April.
They also couldn't tell me what these builds were and what / if any where avaliable.

It's no wonder the system is showing 3x as many cancelled orders as confirmed orders dealers are probably spamming spec options until they find the unicorn.
That or like me customers are walking away altogether.

You'd of thought a car manufacturer & dealer network's point was to sell cars and make money doing so, alas they seem to be actively not wanting to sell me a mustang so i'm looking elsewhere might come back in a year or 3 when they've got there s$ together.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They only have themselves to blame for orders being down.
They wouldn't accept my order as it wasn't one of the magical mystery builds they're doing for the UK in April.
They also couldn't tell me what these builds were and what / if any where avaliable.

It's no wonder the system is showing 3x as many cancelled orders as confirmed orders dealers are probably spamming spec options until they find the unicorn.
That or like me customers are walking away altogether.

You'd of thought a car manufacturer & dealer network's point was to sell cars and make money doing so, alas they seem to be actively not wanting to sell me a mustang so i'm looking elsewhere might come back in a year or 3 when they've got there s$ together.
You need to find a better dealer - My dealer could tell me exactly what was available to order now from the initial builds as well as what would happen later with 'factory orders'. You can order now from the 'set spec' cars (assuming there are any left now) or wait another couple of months and order what you want for delivery in September.

As regards actively selling Mustang - look at the restrictions on sales (minimum 22% EV in 2024) to see why that is happening.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
I contacted my 5 nearest dealers a month ago, only one ever replied. The one that did said the other dealers could only sell a limited selection of ford cars because they weren't a 'Ford Store'
At the time i ordered my dealer had the most confirmed orders in the UK...

I don't think there are any set spec cars left, i've been in direct contact with Ford UK for a few weeks now (they e-mail updates every 2 working days) and they still don't know.

Somehow missed the memo on the 22% ZEV target. That's crazy and I can see why manufacturers are manipulating sales.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ