• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Look at the effort Chevy put into the c8 vette. A niche car if there ever was one. But they really cared, swung for the fences and it shows. The mustang by contrast is last gen underpinnings, a facelift that is fairly mid and performance thst is either the same or worse than last gen. That’s not right.

ford has the true American dream car snd they’re letting it languish. Perhaps it was to dim the lights do the Mach e could shine more. Who the heck knows. But it’s awful to see. I get there’s love for the dark horse but in reality it should have been the GT at minimum.

the mustang has an uphill battle. Give the thing some world war winning battle gear for crying out loud.
I get what you're saying but if I'm not mistaken, the mustang is selling better than the c8. Ford just needs to advertise it I think.
Sponsored

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
The mustang needs to be so much more than it is right now. Ford has gone to great lengths to develop other vehicles and market the heck out of them. With the mustang, they just coasted, gave the old platform a facelift and thought that be enough. So lazy.

especially in this day and age, the mustang needs to make a case for itself. The exterior needs to be awesome. Not polarizing. The performance needs to be leagues ahead of the competition. The interior should inspire, not just carryover some of it and slap some screens on.

Right now there are a lot of vehicles on the market that look great, go fast, and handle well. The mustang can’t be what it was before. It needs to be better. Great even.

Look at the effort Chevy put into the c8 vette. A niche car if there ever was one. But they really cared, swung for the fences and it shows. The mustang by contrast is last gen underpinnings, a facelift that is fairly mid and performance thst is either the same or worse than last gen. That’s not right.

ford has the true American dream car snd they’re letting it languish. Perhaps it was to dim the lights do the Mach e could shine more. Who the heck knows. But it’s awful to see. I get there’s love for the dark horse but in reality it should have been the GT at minimum.

the mustang has an uphill battle. Give the thing some world war winning battle gear for crying out loud.
Everything you’re describing costs a lot of money they can’t spend on non EV cars, AND would make the Mustang much more expensive than what it is !

How many people here would still order one if it was in Corvette territory…?!?!

Ford knows probably much better than all of us here about making and selling a vehicle, and in 2024, with generations of brain washed, Tesla dreaming buyers, it can’t be as easy as some of you guys try to make it sound.

Just enjoy what is available while it is, cause some day, Ford will have deleted the « Car » option from that dropdown on their website, and lots of us will actually miss that so very unperfect car…

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
The reveal was not only less fanfare but downright terrible compared to S550. Pericak and his team were engaging and excited about the S550 mustang. The Chief Engineer and people at the S650 reveal were...not (I will be nice). About the only thing I remember was the Chief Engineer knew the headlights sucked so he quickly got off that discussion. It also seems to me that guy got fired rather quickly or moved to something else...he did very few interviews and the new lady really hasn't been much of a presence either. The only commercial I can even recall is about the remote rev which is a neat enough gimmick, but I don't think S650 is doing well at all. I finally saw a DH at a Cars and Coffee Saturday but it really wasn't getting much attention. The GTs and Ecoboosts are stacking up at our local dealer too.

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
The reveal was not only less fanfare but downright terrible compared to S550. Pericak and his team were engaging and excited about the S550 mustang. The Chief Engineer and people at the S650 reveal were...not (I will be nice). About the only thing I remember was the Chief Engineer knew the headlights sucked so he quickly got off that discussion. It also seems to me that guy got fired rather quickly or moved to something else...he did very few interviews and the new lady really hasn't been much of a presence either. The only commercial I can even recall is about the remote rev which is a neat enough gimmick, but I don't think S650 is doing well at all. I finally saw a DH at a Cars and Coffee Saturday but it really wasn't getting much attention. The GTs and Ecoboosts are stacking up at our local dealer too.
The one at Midcity this past Saturday morning? Good to see another Huntsvillian on the forum, lol.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Everything you’re describing costs a lot of money they can’t spend on non EV cars, AND would make the Mustang much more expensive than what it is !

How many people here would still order one if it was in Corvette territory…?!?!

Ford knows probably much better than all of us here about making and selling a vehicle, and in 2024, with generations of brain washed, Tesla dreaming buyers, it can’t be as easy as some of you guys try to make it sound.

Just enjoy what is available while it is, cause some day, Ford will have deleted the « Car » option from that dropdown on their website, and lots of us will actually miss that so very unperfect car…
…and that’s why we never get anything better.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Better? It's got 500hp which no one expected. Looks more aggressive also. I don't know, it's the last muscle car left, so no one could do it better than them.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Please define « better » ?
Shop around and tell me what you can get that is better, for a similar amount of money ?
I’m waiting…
V8, Manual, 4 seater…
In 2024 ?
I’m waiting…

Machismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase
I think its just economy. New car prices have just ballooned and not that many people want to pay 54K for a mustang GT premium, which is where most of them are stickered around me. I'm seeing 7500 off MSRP and they still not moving at my local dealership. The options just jump the price too much I think. The DH is just too close to a C8 and I think thats crazy for what it is. I'm thinking we are going to need to see 10k off MSRP before they start moving in larger numbers. They are just priced too high. Of course, maybe I'm delusional haha.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Better? It's got 500hp which no one expected. Looks more aggressive also. I don't know, it's the last muscle car left, so no one could do it better than them.
I am curious about this "looks more aggressive." Because the front end is bigger? Because they removed accent lines on the side? Looks like a truck front end stuck on a car. Not sure I would characterize that as more aggressive but to each his own-it looks bulkier. 500hp is good on DH and I guess the GT matching Mach 1 (2021 Mach 1-I know Ford wants everyone to only remember 22-23 numbers), but I am not sure unexpected. Based on the earlier reports of what Mach 1 would yield, I think 500 was a little disappointing TBH but let's face it, the EPA and emissions nonsense are strangling these cars.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think its just economy. New car prices have just ballooned and not that many people want to pay 54K for a mustang GT premium, which is where most of them are stickered around me. I'm seeing 7500 off MSRP and they still not moving at my local dealership. The options just jump the price too much I think. The DH is just too close to a C8 and I think thats crazy for what it is. I'm thinking we are going to need to see 10k off MSRP before they start moving in larger numbers. They are just priced too high. Of course, maybe I'm delusional haha.
Yep...if I had to buy today, a C8 would be in my driveway before a DH would be. Full stop. The opposite happened when I had to make that call between C8 and Mach 1 in 2021. Ford dealer has mustangs stacking up. Chevy dealer gets a few Corvettes in stock and sells at MSRP or $250 off and those are gone within a week. They had a Sea Gray 2LT one in the other day and I seriously thought about going to look at it

Last edited:

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I am curious about this "looks more aggressive." Because the front end is bigger? Because they removed accent lines on the side? Looks like a truck front end stuck on a car. Not sure I would characterize that as more aggressive but to each his own-it looks bulkier. 500hp is good on DH and I guess the GT matching Mach 1 (2021 Mach 1-I know Ford wants everyone to only remember 22-23 numbers), but I am not sure unexpected. Based on the earlier reports of what Mach 1 would yield, I think 500 was a little disappointing TBH but let's face it, the EPA and emissions nonsense are strangling these cars.
The 2018-2023 are so round and bubbly looking. The 2024 has sharp, hard defined lines and corners. The previous year is a lot softer in my opinion.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
the dark horse doesn’t look better. It’s a polarizing look. Some really like it. Others really don’t. And the 500 hp is great. But the old 350 had 526. And the 500 had 760. Since you’re talking top tier models snd ignoring the more ubiquitous gt and ecoboost.

and you’re reasoning why it’s great is because its the only one is pretty embarassing.

Last edited:

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
the dark horse doesn’t look better. It’s a polarizing look. Some really like it. Others really don’t. And the 500 hp is great. But the old 350 had 526. And the 500 had 760. Since you’re talking top tier models snd ignoring the more ubiquitous gt and ecoboost.

and you’re reasoning why it’s great I’d because its the only one is pretty sad.
That wasn't my "reasoning". Stop making stuff up. Okay, 487 horsepower instead of 500... Is that better since you want to split hairs. Dark Horse isn't supposed to be the gt350. It's comparable to the Mach 1. The gt is the most powerful gt ever made.

We're posting about sales of the mustang, and your idea is to be more like the Corvette, which sales less than mustang. So that's pretty sad.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
of course it’s the economy. Dollars are tight and people want as much value as they can get. The mustang just isn’t trying hard enough. We all know that it’s just a refreshed s550 to save money while they figure out the path for the next platform to go. But the end result is that the new mustang only punches as hard as the last one. And that’s not good enough for many buyers moving forward from 2024.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
That wasn't my "reasoning". Stop making stuff up. Okay, 487 horsepower instead of 500... Is that better since you want to split hairs. Dark Horse isn't supposed to be the gt350. It's comparable to the Mach 1. The gt is the most powerful gt ever made.

We're posting about sales of the mustang, and your idea is to be more like the Corvette, which sales less than mustang. So that's pretty sad.
Now look who’s making stuff up.
My point wasn’t for the mustang to be the corvette. It was to take a cue from it in terms of how hard that car tries to stand out and prove that it’s something special in the modern market moving forward. The mustang needs to do the same. Carrying forward a decade old platform and the same performance without really pushing it for the next however many years isn’t the formula - as the numbers are showing.

as a Mustang fan since I first learned what a car was, it’s concerning. What sucks is watching ford try to navigate the present and future with mustang SUVs, talk about it being a “family of vehicles” etc. while letting the real thing languish is frustrating. These kinds of numbers could see the car discontinued or deprioritized further as the board misreads the sales numbers as people don’t want pony cars anymore instead of owning up to their failure to push the envelope with America’s most beloved nameplate.

We’ve seen the Camaro in its death throes, the challenger die, the charger get turned into a 6 banger-only car and that’s something we’d prefer to see the mustang avoid.

the s650 as a platform has a lot of s550 baggage.

now, we will see a new gt500/cobra tier car that’s likely to inject some enthusiasm, but it’s still an s550+, limited by the platform itself.

I’m not unrealistic. I know ford has put the mustang in the cheap budget to get past some uncertain seasons in terms of vehicle trends. But lackadaisical advancements isn’t going to help dismal sales numbers.
Sponsored