• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang February 2024 Sales & Production: 4,115 Sold / 6,557 Produced

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
We own three vehicles. None are SUVs.
ignoring my brief 3 yr sourjoun with a Mitsu Outlander circa 2002 I've been SUV-free my entire adult life. 18 motorcycles and a brace of hot hatches (Mazda 5, GTI) and rest all 2-door sedans except the Pontiac Grand Prix.

It IS possible, people, to choose the correct vehicle.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I contacted my 5 nearest dealers a month ago, only one ever replied. The one that did said the other dealers could only sell a limited selection of ford cars because they weren't a 'Ford Store'
At the time i ordered my dealer had the most confirmed orders in the UK...

I don't think there are any set spec cars left, i've been in direct contact with Ford UK for a few weeks now (they e-mail updates every 2 working days) and they still don't know.

Somehow missed the memo on the 22% ZEV target. That's crazy and I can see why manufacturers are manipulating sales.
It is only ever Ford Stores that have been able to sell new Mustangs in the UK since 2015. Other dealers can sell everything else currently as there are no RS models at the moment which are also Ford Store only.

I ordered mine on 2/2/24 which was when the order bank was opened.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Overseas production is just about to start which will restrict US market production. I suspect building up an inventory is part of this. My RHD car is being built in the first week of April together with the first batch of cars for Europe. This will take up a big chunk of production capacity.
What is the ETA for you ? Our ETA kept delaying for RHD is August/September.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the ETA for you ? Our ETA kept delaying for RHD is August/September.
Mine is estimated for production in April, so delivery late May / Early June. Will know pretty soon if that is the case as will need to be scheduled very soon if for April production

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Mine is estimated for production in April, so delivery late May / Early June. Will know pretty soon if that is the case as will need to be scheduled very soon if for April production
Do you have a VIN ?

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
In Germany ordering for regular dealers opened just last week with one dealer telling me an estimated delivery time of 37 to 41 weeks :frown:

Another dealer who seemingly has prioritized access to typically specd cars told me he checks every day these cars and reserves one for me once it pops up by accident.
I just wonder how many standard specd cars Ford will produce after normal ordering process started and demand will be higher than production capacity.
Do they typically reserve a fixed number of such cars to be produced?

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, i got an e-mail with one yesterday and i'm not in the first batch. All of the April builds for rhd were scheduled already back in feb. Maybe chase your dealer for it.

It said to add my vin to my ford pass account and that they'll be in touch with progress. I've added it and it's treated it like the car is done but can't remotely connect to it

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, i got an e-mail with one yesterday and i'm not in the first batch. All of the April builds for rhd were scheduled already back in feb. Maybe chase your dealer for it.

It said to add my vin to my ford pass account and that they'll be in touch with progress. I've added it and it's treated it like the car is done but can't remotely connect to it
Don't think so? I have seen the information for my car and they were not scheduled (serialised) in February. If you have just got a VIN then it was scheduled two weeks ago and they were scheduling for the first 2 weeks of April then. There was no scheduling last week for Mustang at all.

My dealer checked today and no VIN for me yet, although they do seem to show up on the Monday here in Europe. Scheduling is done on a Thursday night in the US which means it is too late for Friday in the UK I suspect, hence getting picked up on a Monday.

Remote connection is only possible when you have the car yourself, all assuming the car actually exists, which it probably doesn't.

Last edited:

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what i understand the first batch of cars were all decided by Ford specification wise and they were all scheduled into there system with dates and VIN's.

When you placed an order if you matched up with one of the specs and it was available the VIN was assigned to your order.

I do wonder if someone canceled there order and free'd up the slot for me or that i'm being scheduled this week for a May build, hopefully i'm in before they run out of wheels.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what i understand the first batch of cars were all decided by Ford specification wise and they were all scheduled into there system with dates and VIN's.

When you placed an order if you matched up with one of the specs and it was available the VIN was assigned to your order.

I do wonder if someone canceled there order and free'd up the slot for me or that i'm being scheduled this week for a May build, hopefully i'm in before they run out of wheels.
My order is definitely one of the first batch with the spec fixed by Ford. They were not scheduled at the time of my order in early February - specifically says that on the order.

If you have a VIN then your build is scheduled with a build date already in the system.

Scheduling takes place about 4 to 6 weeks before build and the VIN is issued then. There was no Mustang scheduling last week and the previous 2 weeks were for the first two weeks of April builds. It is possible some of the UK cars were in that, such as your car but I suspect the rest will be scheduled this Thursday.
Sponsored