• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This is Awesome!

You would think with all the technology, they would have a robotic smoke wand. Instead of a dude standing there holding it. LOL
Of course all the wind tunnel development was done with the initial design work possibly using clay models or 3D printed prototypes rather than a finished, painted car.

I agree. I just think they made the video for promotional purposes. And to show off a shiny new Blue Ember Dark Horse. Looks better that way.

Very nice pictures, new wallpaper
It's fascinating how the wind tunnel is designed as well to try to prevent the air from swirling but instead get it flowing straight through.

...they literally did the same PR about "brand new, cutting edge, state of the art, blah!!!!!!!" wind tunnel crap with the S550 a decade ago lol.

I'm not digging up the videos or articles, but trust me lol. Just google search it; it's all over the net/youtube still the exact same way that this is lmfao.
I remember those videos as well.

Yes, obviously every design builds on the last, with lots of work done on the original S550, more done on the 2018 redesign, and then the S650. With the roof and overall body shape being so similar I assume they know a lot already about how it's going to behave. I wonder whether the 250 hours is all hours spent on the latest. I assume so, because it's not much time to analyze and iterate on a full car. If you assume a team of 6 people, for example, that's about one week of time. They must do 90% or more of the work on CAD and with simulations.
Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
...they literally did the same PR about "brand new, cutting edge, state of the art, blah!!!!!!!" wind tunnel crap with the S550 a decade ago lol.

I'm not digging up the videos or articles, but trust me lol. Just google search it; it's all over the net/youtube still the exact same way that this is lmfao.
Well, the marketing department has to justify its existence and salary. 😄 I kinda get it. For the uneducated consumer, this strategy works on getting them interested.