• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
"the team prioritized drivability and fun performance over advertisable peak numbers"

They can miss me with that bs, but it would be nice to get more low end torque

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
Glad to read this, I did not think Ford would dump the 5.0. For the EV craze,,,,

10 points for Ford

One thing it will do is the EV with the Mustang can now be denied.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i was fully expecting this article to just recycle old things said, but it actually wasn't bad
congrats on not being terrible Motortrend, i'm sure you'll undo that by next week

The goal here was reducing windage losses, with different baffling and a half-liter less oil capacity.
interesting that the gen 4 has a 9.5 quart oil capacity now

but it would be nice to get more low end torque
definitely this, high horsepower is cool, but torque is important too

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
"the team prioritized drivability and fun performance over advertisable peak numbers"

I would hate for them to downgrade the engine to lower HP and make it more like a Chevy pushrod V8. Low end torque is for engines that go into pickups and station wagons. The car does need improved transmission gearing though. That's what the problem is for the manual transmission. The gearing is messed up, and that makes torque at the rear wheels too low.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
It is funny to know that Ford mentions the Ecoboost as the most powerful (probably around 320bhp) whereas the very first one had similar bhp. So it is more like marketing bla bla.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The most interesting thing to me from this article was that the DH will not have a higher redline. It really sounds like the DH engine is just stronger rods and a tune at this point. I wonder if the GT engine could be tuned the same.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I see the MT article was from September 15. I was impressed by the statement indicating the Ecoboost 2.3 will have the new MPC head. The MPC head will have a new combustion chamber design . I wonder what other improvements were made to the head to improve air flow and head to block sealing. I am thinking the improvements made to the 2.3 will bring horsepower close to 350 HP in the high performance version of the Ecoboost 2.3 liter.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 & 2010 Honda Fit Sport
i was fully expecting this article to just recycle old things said, but it actually wasn't bad
congrats on not being terrible Motortrend, i'm sure you'll undo that by next week

interesting that the gen 4 has a 9.5 quart oil capacity now

definitely this, high horsepower is cool, but torque is important too
At least it has a metal pan now, unlike my plastic one...

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
At least it has a metal pan now, unlike my plastic one...
yeah, i think the switch back to metal pans was a good idea
i used to be team composite pans, until this happened to a co-worker's bronco's transmission
S650 Mustang More S650 Mustang engines interesting info from MotorTrend 1670922697586

(thankfully she only needed a new pan)

OP
OP
Mach VII

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
This is OLD News dated 15 Sep 22 - Not and Nothing "More".
I saw the date before I posted this. I consider myself an avid 'reader' of this forum yet had not seen quite a few of the details in my link never mind a direct reference. Perhaps it was updated after the fact...

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am thinking too many are down playing the improvements made to the 2024 V8 and 2.3 Ecoboost engines. I bet a lot of people will be surprised by the engine improvements for the 2024 Mustangs.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG

I would love more low end torque. It makes a car so much more fun to drive. The Mustang has been lacking low end torque since the intro of the 4.6L in 1996(?). It's been so long now, most people have no idea what they're missing.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I would love more low end torque. It makes a car so much more fun to drive. The Mustang has been lacking low end torque since the intro of the 4.6L in 1996(?). It's been so long now, most people have no idea what they're missing.
It was 96'
Sponsored