• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Michelin pilot all season 4s vs Continental Extreme contact DWS

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Currently on a tire research binge, so apologies for multiple similar questions.

How do these tires compare? I'm wanting an all in one tire for dry, rain, and snow, as I can't really afford to get a second set of wheels at the moment. While I would like wider than the stock 8.5's that come stock, I have to settle for the time being.

I know both of these are infinitely better than the stock pirelli zero's, but how do they compare to each other? The continental's are about $100 cheaper per tire, so if they're very close then I will definitely choose them.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
In tire characteristics, pro driver opinions and buyer reviews, they're very close to one another.

I can't see one going wrong selecting either tire. IMO, it's a coin toss. :idea:

If you can buy one set cheaper than the other, so much the better. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Iā€™m with @Skye. Iā€™ve always been a Michelin man, but if you factor in cost the Contiā€™s will be a great alternative.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Continental are cheaper and have a bit more mileage rating.... I ordered some originally, but rear size was out of stock everywhere so got the PS All season 4's.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Youā€™ll be able to push the Michelins harder
Continentals are also great
Michelins look better and they have great marketing so I would go Michelin

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT , 24 Tundra, 2023 M240i, 23 QX80
I have put the michelins on 2 high performance cars and they have disappointed me. I went with the Continentals this time on my 24GT and I am seriously happy with them! They hook up great and they have faster turn in than the Michelins. Someone mentioned you can push the Michelins harder which is exactly the opposite of what I have observed. I never liked Continentals and put Michelins on everything but this DWS extreme contact is a gem imo.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I always run continental. With that said, you're not hooking up with any tire on 8.5 inch wheels
S650 Mustang Michelin pilot all season 4s vs Continental Extreme contact DWS DSB07239-2

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 300A
I know both of these are infinitely better than the stock pirelli zero's, but how do they compare to each other? The continental's are about $100 cheaper per tirā€¦.
Great question about my two favorite tires! Iā€™ve had these on several vehicles in the past few years. You canā€™t go wrong with either. However, based on your needs/wants relayed to us Iā€™d say you go with the Continentals and (literally) enjoy the ride. Purely subjective here but I liked the ride and lessened road noise over stock - and I think they may be a touch quieter than the AS4ā€™s as well? However, both are superb in the wet, quiet on the road and sticky in any corners. But Contiā€™s are less expensive. Iā€™ve chosen them on my last two cars when faced with this decision.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Doesn't look like you can go wrong with either tire. I might look at the Continentals next time, especially worth the lower price, but really like the Michelins I've got.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
fair, but go too much bigger and it will be much worse in the snow correct?
I doubt this. I haven't found narrower tires to be better in snow at all. I've found far more difference in the tread compound, driving in snow, ice, slush, etc.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I doubt this. I haven't found narrower tires to be better in snow at all. I've found far more difference in the tread compound, driving in snow, ice, slush, etc.
Understandable, but the science does strongly suggest narrow is better in snow. With that being said, I can't afford both tires + wheels right now, so will probably be sticking with the stock 8.5's sadly for a while and get new tires
Sponsored