• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Love the car, but I have 2 big disappointments

OP
OP
TripleshotMcC

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
I don't have a "pull here" tab. I see plastic rectangles that are glued onto both screens, I can scrape it with my thumb nail....
so you removed the dealer plastic and still have obvious covers over the screens? Huh. I have one large screen and didn't see an obvious protector layer, but it was sure scratching easily. I have never scratched an iPhone or iPad with my finger. Well, the new protector is on now, we'll see how it goes.
Sponsored

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
How many ways can I say that there is a plastic screen protector on both screens….. lol

you can clearly see that it’s there placed over the screen. Underneath is is probably glass. But you can clearly see it if you look closely. How? It’s slightly smaller than the entire area of both screens. So you can see where the film ends. That stuff scratches more than an iPhone would.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
On another thread the OP has an image of a broken screen. You can clearly see a protector of some sort right along the edge.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
On another thread the OP has an image of a broken screen. You can clearly see a protector of some sort right along the edge.
I saw that clearly on that pic.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Lincoln is at least trying to integrate a little more elegantly. Unfortunately, primarily because they need to if they want to compete in the China market.
S650 Mustang Love the car, but I have 2 big disappointments 1000002555

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I've had a few Lincolns and had great luck with them. The market is different than Mustang. I personally wouldn't want that screen in MY24 stang. Good for luxury cars not needed in muscle wheels. Ford seems to have hit it IMHO.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have one sitting in my cart, but we are probably a month out from our delivery. Just a 301A, so it should fit perfect for us. If you happen to remember, follow up and let us know how it works out and if you’re happy with it? Spigen makes good phone products so I have high hopes for this screen protector.
I have one sitting in my trunk. Just need time to install it.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one sitting in my cart, but we are probably a month out from our delivery. Just a 301A, so it should fit perfect for us. If you happen to remember, follow up and let us know how it works out and if you’re happy with it? Spigen makes good phone products so I have high hopes for this screen protector.
I have one sitting in my trunk. Just need time to install it.
I just installed this yesterday. AFAIC, it looks great, even in a Premium with connected screens.

I already posted about it in another thread, no sense in duplicating:

broken screen | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Dark Horse, GT, EcoBoost, GT500, GT350, Mach 1)

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
ignore the center stack- but looking at how the gauges are housed on the new F150- this looks better to me- much more integrated

S650 Mustang Love the car, but I have 2 big disappointments 1711457895202-ez

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
ignore the center stack- but looking at how the gauges are housed on the new F150- this looks better to me- much more integrated

1711457895202-ez.png
Something nostalgic about a gauge I can thump with finger. Individual manual driver gauges and electronic nav crap otherwise full lower windshield heads up projection with gesture (and joystick) control. Once the dash has a hole it’s gonna be that way until it ain’t. As in the repair will always require the form factor that is until … blah blah.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Upacurb, I have a '21 F150 Platinum SuperCrew (dash the same as in your pic) and a '24 Mustang Dark Horse. I think the gauge layouts are vehicle appropriate. Personally, I would not like my DH dash in my F150, nor would I like my F150 dash in my DH. Just my humble $0.02.

P.S. - Da Bears ... suck! Go Pack Go! :)

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
@Upacurb, I have a '21 F150 Platinum SuperCrew (dash the same as in your pic) and a '24 Mustang Dark Horse. I think the gauge layouts are vehicle appropriate. Personally, I would not like my DH dash in my F150, nor would I like my F150 dash in my DH. Just my humble $0.02.

P.S. - Da Bears ... suck! Go Pack Go! :)

LOL not a fan of the Bears either

VERY nice truck.... Performance Mustang and an F150..... If you cant tell I am fully in alignment with this combination of vehicles lol

Any pictures of the two together?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL not a fan of the Bears either

VERY nice truck.... Performance Mustang and an F150..... If you cant tell I am fully in alignment with this combination of vehicles lol

Any pictures of the two together?
Not yet. Just picked up the DH 12 days ago. It's still winter here in Michigan, so I've only had it out twice. I'll have the ceramic and tint done soon, then when the weather warms up, I'll have both out for pics for sure.

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD
I just installed this yesterday. AFAIC, it looks great, even in a Premium with connected screens.

I already posted about it in another thread, no sense in duplicating:

broken screen | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Dark Horse, GT, EcoBoost, GT500, GT350, Mach 1)
Thank you for the follow up! Looks great, and glad to hear touch response is not impacted. Car is 1-2 weeks out pending however long shipping takes, so I will pull the trigger in a couple days so I can install it when I bring it home.
Sponsored