• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lot full of Mustangs Just Waiting to be Delivered

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
The Ford CFO has to be pissed right now.

Added Costs for Ford due to holding so much inventory (feel free to add to my list)
- cost of borrowing due to lower cash flow for the company. (since they are losing their shirt on EV's)
- insuring the vehicles
- loss of sales due to higher interest rates
- loss of sales due to weather; winter will be coming soon enough
- securing the lots
- moving inventory around to holding areas

Not to mention, the higher payments for those who have orders as rates continue to rise

My possible conclusion:
- Maybe they are not 100% built and are awaiting a chip or software update.
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
The Ford CFO has to be pissed right now.

Added Costs for Ford due to holding so much inventory (feel free to add to my list)
- cost of borrowing due to lower cash flow for the company. (since they are losing their shirt on EV's)
- insuring the vehicles
- loss of sales due to higher interest rates
- loss of sales due to weather; winter will be coming soon enough
- securing the lots
- moving inventory around to holding areas

Not to mention, the higher payments for those who have orders as rates continue to rise

My possible conclusion:
- Maybe they are not 100% built and are awaiting a chip or software update.
Yup and I'm starting to view my $1000 down as a sunken cost now aka costs that are typically not included in consideration when making future decisions. The future decision is if I'm going to accept a convertible in the fall and the answer is already no.

GoofyNoober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Anybody can literally just walk onto the lot and vandalize the cars. What is ford thinking? Honestly.

DailyDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Anybody can literally just walk onto the lot and vandalize the cars
Storage lots usually have cameras and patrol guards. Every car will likely be re-inspected before they get shipped to a dealer so I wouldn't worry about vandalism.

I'm just glad they are taking the time to update whatever needs to be updated before getting them into our hands.

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
At least at FRAP they were locked in. And away from vandalism. Only way we saw them was my drone footage. Ford has enough stupid money they can hold on to thousands of cars. Transport the cars made in flat rock to Dearborn. Then transport the f150 to flat rock, that are made in Dearborn. Just to store them. Sounds like a mess. Paying people to just move cars to Dearborn and trucks to flat rock. Lol. I can't believe people keep making excuses for ford. The lack of communication is frustrating. Kinda funny too.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
There are so many cars parked at the Flatrock plant that Ford has to rent new parking space!?!
Ford must necessarily have a problem that is hidden from us…
They likely own that building or have an agreement with them. I know where that place is, but I don't want to say in case some weirdo is reading the threads and wants to creep on the cars...

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm sure Ford hired the best security firm to keep watch lol
Actually, they hire some pretty goonish crews to keep eyes on those lots. I was trying to get a closer look at F-150s on a Ford property in Dearborn, and they were on me FAST. They block entrances and cover the vehicles very well.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Look I am sure there are no problems with the car....I mean remember when they ran out of chips so they parked the trucks until they got more chips??

My guess.........

None of these pics show the interior......
They probably ran out of screens : P
Fairlane Town Center is where they held a lot of F-150s when the chips were an issue in 2021.

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Yup and I'm starting to view my $1000 down as a sunken cost now aka costs that are typically not included in consideration when making future decisions. The future decision is if I'm going to accept a convertible in the fall and the answer is already no.
My dealer made me put $2,500
Down lol
Sponsored