• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Let’s talk about Evs

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
All EV's have a 50 mile range.

Why carry an engine or anything else when you don't need it. A PHEV has it's place for some users but for most an EV is a better option
If all you gotta do is 50 miles then fine a fancy golf cart it is for city dwellers. Hereby mandated. You can pick up your charging cord at check in?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All EV's have a 50 mile range.

Why carry an engine or anything else when you don't need it.
Does a dead/fully discharged battery weight the same as a fully charged battery?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If all you gotta do is 50 miles then fine a fancy golf cart it is for city dwellers. Hereby mandated. You can pick up your charging cord at check in?
That was not my point and you know it.

EV's (with ranges from 150 miles to 450 miles) are more suitable than PHEVs or ICE for city driving full stop. No mandates needed.

Honda E is a perfect example of a city EV with low range, not a 'golf cart' as you describe it.

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course. But a simple battery EV needs far less complex transmission system compared to a PHEV.
Total weight vs individual item

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was not my point and you know it.

EV's (with ranges from 150 miles to 450 miles) are more suitable than PHEVs or ICE for city driving full stop. No mandates needed.

Honda E is a perfect example of a city EV with low range, not a 'golf cart' as you describe it.
So we took the 50 mile and expanded it due to practically?

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea what you are on about
In order to satisfy the 50 miles justification for the ‘commute’ resolution it actually requires a vehicle capable of 450+? The cost to satisfy the requirement is greater than the justification.

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In order to satisfy the 50 miles justification for the ‘commute’ resolution it actually requires a vehicle capable of 450+? The cost to satisfy the requirement is greater than the justification.
So ICE cars should only have a 1 gallon fuel tank?

Honda E I suggested has a 150 mile range perfect for city work

Your point is?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Why would one go pure electric when a dual system is more practical?
It depends on the use case!

I did have a 2020 BWM G20 330e, loved the car as such. But there was not enough E to get me to work and back during winter as an example(also no speeding etc). So the ICE did kick in for the last kilometers or so. So I was lugging around an ICE-engine which 90% of the driving was not being used. Also if you do a hard acceleration then the ICE will start, my OCD got hur badly when it is minus degrees outside and the ICE starts up at 50 MPH when you are almost WOT.

But if one do frequently travel longer journeys where there are no chargers then maybe a PHEV is an option. However in this instance then your are lugging around battery pack and an electric motor which is just dead weight more or less untill you reach suburban areas and the E can run.

With that said I had around 100+ US MPG average when I sold the car, could have got a higher MPG. That was mainly due to that I ran the ICE on purpose to deplete the fuel so it did not go stale and that I actually wanted to drive it with full power.

Since then I am on the second EV for daily drives and I dont' regret it at all for my use case

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So ICE cars should only have a 1 gallon fuel tank?

Honda E I suggested has a 150 mile range perfect for city work

Your point is?
A battery to do the same would satisfy their excuse for ‘requiring’ a mandate.

when they claim we only ‘need’ to go x but make us purchase something that goes y it is in excess of the requirement.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It depends on the use case!

I did have a 2020 BWM G20 330e, loved the car as such. But there was not enough E to get me to work and back during winter as an example(also no speeding etc). So the ICE did kick in for the last kilometers or so. So I was lugging around an ICE-engine which 90% of the driving was not being used. Also if you do a hard acceleration then the ICE will start, my OCD got hur badly when it is minus degrees outside and the ICE starts up at 50 MPH when you are almost WOT.

But if one do frequently travel longer journeys where there are no chargers then maybe a PHEV is an option. However in this instance then your are lugging around battery pack and an electric motor which is just dead weight more or less untill you reach suburban areas and the E can run.

With that said I had around 100+ US MPG average when I sold the car, could have got a higher MPG. That was mainly due to that I ran the ICE on purpose to deplete the fuel so it did not go stale and that I actually wanted to drive it with full power.

Since then I am on the second EV for daily drives and I dont' regret it at all for my use case
Actually the 'lugging about a battery' bit isn't quite correct. When the battery is 'empty' on a PHEV there is still retained charge to provide full power if required and the vehicle runs as a full hybrid until recharged. Running as a full hybrid will still be much more economical than an ICE petrol car even on motorways. As an example our Kuga PHEV will do 50mpg on the motorway which the Kuga ICE can't get anywhere near, the difference is even more stark on non-motorway running when regenerative braking plays a large part.

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually the 'lugging about a battery' bit isn't quite correct. When the battery is 'empty' on a PHEV there is still retained charge to provide full power if required and the vehicle runs as a full hybrid until recharged. Running as a full hybrid will still be much more economical than an ICE petrol car even on motorways. As an example our Kuga PHEV will do 50mpg on the motorway which the Kuga ICE can't get anywhere near, the difference is even more stark on non-motorway running when regenerative braking plays a large part.
Dual system
Sponsored