• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I haven't sold a car before, I'm about to sell my 2018, looking for advice.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
They give you a check and it deposits and then is rejected days later.
You sign over your title and your car is gone and you have nothing.

scams like that.
Sponsored

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I sold my 2006 S197 on Auto Trader. Got more for it than I would have at the dealer. In fact, they told me straight up it would be like $500 because it was so old and they couldn't do anything with it other than send it to auction. People can be flakey on there and there are some spammers or scammers to be wary of, but in the end, it worked out. Had a buyer come see the car, inspect it, and he liked it and bought it.

One other thing you might see that I did is small-time resellers trying to buy your car. They'll send someone to do an inspection then send you an offer. I had a couple of them do this with me. They were legit but their offers were lower than I was going for, so I rejected them. Just be careful with them because sometimes they have hidden fees if you decide to move forward with them.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I guess I'm naive. I don't understand what you guys mean by 'scammer'.
Are you talking about lowballers?
What kind of scam could be run on someone selling a used car?
Most are just nuisance level scams they can run without getting off the couch. They send a message that they are very interested but want a vehicle history report and they want you to pay for it and it needs to be from the company they send you a link for. They own the report website. The report is either phoney or just a search of free public information . Its just a way to drive traffic to their bogus site.

It's easy enough to see them coming, most are too lazy to read an ad and ask questions that are covered clearly in your ad. My ad on autotrader for my BMW 440 started out "Special ordered by me and purchased new in May 2017.....". In the first day I had 5 messages asking if I was the original owner....delete, delete, delete, delete, delete.

Craigslist flakes however will murder you and steal your car so be careful.
Sponsored