• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Funny how people dissing things are also being dishonest…
What is obviously guaranteed is a gain, in both HP and Torque.

They can only estimate, because, let’s be honest, how many times even ONE car has had twice the same measurements on a dyno ?!
Exactly.
So they probably installed it on X amount of cars, and ran Y amount of dyno measurements, and the average of the gains is most likely what they shared as “estimated”.

To each their own, but why would people put so much effort into dissing what they don’t like, believe in, or maybe can’t afford…
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Funny how people dissing things are also being dishonest…
What is obviously guaranteed is a gain, in both HP and Torque.

They can only estimate, because, let’s be honest, how many times even ONE car has had twice the same measurements on a dyno ?!
Exactly.
So they probably installed it on X amount of cars, and ran Y amount of dyno measurements, and the average of the gains is most likely what they shared as “estimated”.

To each their own, but why would people put so much effort into dissing what they don’t like, believe in, or maybe can’t afford…
I think what's a bit cloudy is...were any of those previous test cars a 2024 Mustang? Improved flow is only valuable if stock flow is a bottleneck.

Blue VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think the ram air and closed box with a higher flowing filter may be all that is needed. However, I think if someone was to smooth out the piping from the box to the throttle body and make it out of a heat resistant material...then boom...more efficient, and smoother air flow. Anyone company out there willing to try that simple idea? Lol

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
I think the ram air and closed box with a higher flowing filter may be all that is needed. However, I think if someone was to smooth out the piping from the box to the throttle body and make it out of a heat resistant material...then boom...more efficient, and smoother air flow. Anyone company out there willing to try that simple idea? Lol
smoother piping might flow more air...but the engine is only going to use X amount of air anyway, and you have two of those pipes feeding the intake, so it makes even less of a difference

the heat resistance isn't much of an issue either because the air isn't in those pipes for long enough to heat up

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
smoother piping might flow more air...but the engine is only going to use X amount of air anyway, and you have two of those pipes feeding the intake, so it makes even less of a difference

the heat resistance isn't much of an issue either because the air isn't in those pipes for long enough to heat up
Ever walked through a sauna?

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Ever walked through a sauna?
you're feeling the humidity

You also don't walk through a plastic tube in a sauna

and you also only walk at 3mph, your air goes through the throttle body a little faster than that

spend a bunch of money and wrap your intake piping in gold foil or something, it won't make you any fsster

think about how hot your engine is that the air is going into

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

and you also only walk at 3mph, your air goes through the throttle body a little faster than that

spend a bunch of money and wrap your intake piping in gold foil or something, it won't make you any fsster

So then why not preheat it?

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Bullitt
It's amazing to me that the K&N rocks trainers still are so popular and command top dollar. You couldn't pay me to put one of these onto my car.

Sure they flow more air and are less restrictive on intake. This makes the engine feel snappier and will make peak power and climb faster to redline, better throttle response, but an ultimate power and torque increase? Not so much. Plus all the added particulate matter that these oil gauze filters let through just don't make them worthwhile except perhaps in a racing application.

But to each his own or her own your car your ride.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's amazing to me that the K&N rocks trainers still are so popular and command top dollar. You couldn't pay me to put one of these onto my car.

Sure they flow more air and are less restrictive on intake. This makes the engine feel snappier and will make peak power and climb faster to redline, better throttle response, but an ultimate power and torque increase? Not so much. Plus all the added particulate matter that these oil gauze filters let through just don't make them worthwhile except perhaps in a racing application.

But to each his own or her own your car your ride.
If it’s a race for pinks i might even be tempted to pull the plugs, if i lose they gotta deal with it, if i win back in they go and a quick fluid change… but that’s as you say, to each his own. J/k… although….

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special

Man, 3mph in a sauna.....you jogging? lol.
Sponsored