• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is there an option for an audible alert for BLIS?

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Pretty much the subject.

On our Grand Cherokee, you have the option for there to be an audible warning when you activate a turn signal and there is a vehicle in that side's blind spot. For the Mustang, it appears the yellow warning indicator begins to blink but the only setting for BLIS I could find seemed to be to disable it entirely, nothing about adding an audible alert or warning. I'm sure some people wouldn't use it but, personally, it'd be nice to have the option, particularly in heavy freeway traffic where things can change quickly.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
^ nice feature. Maybe a potential software update otherwise in job 1+ ?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Checking the '22 and '24 Owner Manuals it is visual only in the external mirror. An audible option, distinct sound, word, or being able to chose either, would be nice.

As the manual says, I have confirmed BLIS is not full-proof. Someone hauling, coming up from behind and moving quickly, might not be detected correctly.

Last edited:

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
+1 I would also love to have an audible option to alert you if you try to change lanes using your turn signal and there is a car next to you. This is a pretty standard feature these days.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Agree it is a good thing to have. I also have a GC and that audible beep-beep-beep has come in handy many times when I was trying to change lanes and could not see the car next me.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Count me in! nice feature to have....
Aren't this BLISS "safety features" prevent to change lane if your turn sign is on and there is a car on that lane?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
it'd be nice to have the option, particularly in heavy freeway traffic where things can change quickly.
but surely you did a head check before you even thought of pulling on the turn-signal stalk. :)

I agree, a 98dB blast of a truck horn would be the proper audio "encouragement" to pay attention and re-check the immediate surroundings for the potential merge of 2 objects into the same space and time continuum.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
but surely you did a head check before you even thought of pulling on the turn-signal stalk. :)

I agree, a 98dB blast of a truck horn would be the proper audio "encouragement" to pay attention and re-check the immediate surroundings for the potential merge of 2 objects into the same space and time continuum.
A blinker in the mirror and a blinker on the mirror is easily overlooked when multitasking. Of course it should be blinking Iā€™m signaling to head that direction.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Software wise, it should be easy to hook the Lane-Keeping routines to resist (but not prevent) turn-in and also issue an audible if the lane-keeping is set to audible as well.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Software wise, it should be easy to hook the Lane-Keeping routines to resist (but not prevent) turn-in and also issue an audible if the lane-keeping is set to audible as well.
I thought that was already included!!! bummer

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
I thought that was already included!!! bummer
It is with most other manufacturers that have both systems.
My merc has blind spot assist but not lane keeping.
If there is someone in my blindspot it goes red in the mirror (normally nothing) and if i indicate it flashes red and beeps at me 3 times.

Only flaw it has is on roundabouts if i indicate to pull off as i pass the prior exit and there was vehicles waiting it can sometimes trigger as it briefly sees a few vehicles in the blind spot zone
Sponsored