• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Great. Won't be updated for years and apps will force close. :clap:
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Grand Cherokee SRT
There should be a law against removing physical buttons for basic vehicle functions. Even if you employ a thousand former Apple and Tesla designers it will still be unergonomical and outright dangerous.
Yeah I think ditching the physical climate control buttons is my biggest complaint about the new screens. Thankfully there's still a real volume knob.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Some news after a year:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/22/24045932/ford-android-screen-display-size-os-apps-gaming-lincoln

Android Automotive is months behind schedule but it's finally coming. However, Ford does not want to rush the rollout.

The F150 will get it first I assume, maybe a Bronco refresh? With the Mustang refresh scheduled for 2025 (according to rumors) I hope the we get the new software as well.
When you say the Mustang refresh scheduled for 2025 (according to rumors) your referring to a refresh of of the infotainment system correct and not a vehicle refresh. I mean the Mustang was just refreshed for the 24MY. Just making sure:)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Thankfully there's still a real volume knob.
I would rather see climate control buttons. There is already a physical volume knob on the steering wheel. So there are actually 2 of those and zero of the other. The whole S650 dash is just a disastrous design all together, both physically as well as ergonomically.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Grand Cherokee SRT
I would rather see climate control buttons. There is already a physical volume knob on the steering wheel. So there are actually 2 of those and zero of the other. The whole S650 dash is just a disastrous design all together, both physically as well as ergonomically.
You know, I really prefer physical climate control buttons and all, but I typically just leave the "auto" set to 72 degrees and let it do its thing, so honestly I rarely ever adjust the climate. I do think from seeing videos that operating the heated and cooled seats on the screens is clumsy. I'd put audio, climate, seats, and heated steering wheel as physical buttons. Everything else can be on the screens.
Sponsored