• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SYNC 4 & Android Auto/Apple Car Play Poll

Having connectivity/functionality issues with your phone & SYNC 4/Android Auto or SYNC 4/Apple Play?

• Total voters

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
I've been having issues with my SYNC 4/Android Auto ever since I bought my car (2 weeks ago). I am experiencing dropped/garbled calls and getting a message that says that my car has lost its wireless connection to my phone. I am also experiencing that my car loses its wireless connectivity and crashes Android Auto at the same place on the road outside my neighborhood. No matter what direction I'm driving at this particular intersection as soon as I go through it about 2 seconds later I get a message that my car has lost its wireless connection to my phone and crashes Android Auto. BUT you still see it on the screen. If I'm on the phone, like I was this morning with my wife, her voice gets all garbled and I can't understand her but yet she says that I still come in clear on her end. When she calls me back I can hear her fine. This happens every time I drive the car. At some point I will lose my connection and Android Auto goes south. Doing a search on the internet reveals that this is happening to a lot of SYNC 4 users not just with Androids but also with Apple phones. I found a thread on Reddit with people experiencing the exact same issue about the phone disconnecting at the same spot on the road while driving.

So, I decided to start a Poll to see how many of us here are having issues (repeatable) with SYNC 4 and their phones. Please chime in... and "yes" before you ask... I am in touch with the Ford Rep on this site.
(Admins... please do not move this thread as I want it to get the most traction here... Thanks!) - but you moved it anyways... 🤨:headbang:
Sponsored

Last edited:

antzman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I keep having problems where it just won’t connect to CarPlay. Bluetooth connects right up, but no CarPlay. It won’t work one time, but then the next time I start the car it will connect right up

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
I keep having problems where it just won’t connect to CarPlay. Bluetooth connects right up, but no CarPlay. It won’t work one time, but then the next time I start the car it will connect right up
Same with android auto.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
...I am also experiencing that my car loses its wireless connectivity and crashes Android Auto at the same place on the road outside my neighborhood...

...people experiencing the exact same issue about the phone disconnecting at the same spot on the road while driving...
Are there any transmitters where these problems are occurring?
Cell phone base stations, etc.
Look for antennas.
Sounds like a strong near-field RF signal is causing havoc with the cars 2.4GHz transceiver (the band where WiFi and BT operate), thus interfering with the connection to the phone.

Are there bumps and corrugations in the road causing a loose module in the car to rattle around, or a dicky connector that's being shaken about, resulting in an intermittent fault?

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I am getting the same issues with the system. I've also noticed that it will do it if I'm changing drive modes as well or if I am adjusting the exhaust. It was so bad the other day that it blew my front speaker 😂. Took it to the dealership yesterday and my friend told me to bring it back Monday and drop it off. He didn't want me to not have the car over the holidays.

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
Only issue I've had with android auto is sometimes I'll start the car and my phone will connect to bluetooth but android auto isn't available. That's only happened like twice though.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 300A
Might be phone-dependent as well. My iPhone 15 Pro works great w CarPlay in both this car and my 2023 Super Duty - both on Sync 4.

It's Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium
In my opinion, this poll should open again.
2 out of 5 times I start my car, Android Auto does not connect, or it disconnects while I'm driving. I had a google pixel 6 where this was happening, and I've since upgraded toa Google Pixel 8 Pro, and still having the same exact issues.

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Mine cuts out and restarts android auto at least twice every drive.

itsmeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium with 401A Group
Same here. I have the same issue with CarPlay

OP
OP
P2

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
I have re-opened the poll since others have chimed in.

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
No problems here …had my car since AUG ..the whole SYNC system has been flawless with my IPhone 14 & 15 pro max phones

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Have some wireless connection issues on Android and Iphone. With cable it works every time.
Also, as we are 2 drivers on this car, one with androind the other with Iphone, if we are both on the car, it will connect to the last that was connected. Once connected (CarPlay or AndroidAuto) , trying to switch to the other phone, most of the times does not work unless we use the cable on the phone we want to connect.
Sponsored