• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to verify dealers allocation?

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Asked my dealer that I have an order placed with if they have allocation, they say the do but won't give me specifics, is there anyway I can verify that? I'm starting to doubt that they do.

I tried asking ford but they told me "they don't have access to that information only the dealer does"
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I would ask how many allocations they have, and how many have been obligated so far. For example, the dealer I changed my order told me that he had 8 of 24 allocations remaining (vs zero allocations at my hometown dealer). I got one of those allocations, and it only took 1 missed scheduling cycle to get scheduled for the week of 10/2. I placed my order with this new dealer on 7/8/23.

Another dealer I was talking to told me he had one allocation, but never could produce a build sheet, order number, or sales number after I gave him my order. After 4 business days of waiting I told him never mind. I would go elsewhere.

Aside from that I really don't know what else to tell you. I hope you get scheduled and that your dealer isn't jerking you around.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I would ask how many allocations they have, and how many have been obligated so far. For example, the dealer I changed my order told me that he had 8 of 24 allocations remaining (vs zero allocations at my hometown dealer). I got one of those allocations, and it only took 1 missed scheduling cycle to get scheduled for the week of 10/2. I placed my order with this new dealer on 7/8/23.

Another dealer I was talking to told me he had one allocation, but never could produce a build sheet, order number, or sales number after I gave him my order. After 4 business days of waiting I told him never mind. I would go elsewhere.

Aside from that I really don't know what else to tell you. I hope you get scheduled and that your dealer isn't jerking you around.
I'll call them when they open tomorrow and ask for specifics again, and tell them if they don't give me the exact number of allocations they have I'll be cancelling my order and placing it with someone else. We shall see.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Unless the dealer is a front for some other nefarious business, there’s no reason they don’t want to sell you a car. That’s their business. Selling cars. It doesn’t matter how many allocations they have as long as they have one for you. How many allocations they have isn’t really anyone’s business but their own (unless you’d like to buy more or less than they have). If they have a good reputation I wouldn’t worry. Ask when you can expect confirmation of your order and take it from there.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Unless the dealer is a front for some other nefarious business, there’s no reason they don’t want to sell you a car. That’s their business. Selling cars. It doesn’t matter how many allocations they have as long as they have one for you. How many allocations they have isn’t really anyone’s business but their own (unless you’d like to buy more or less than they have). If they have a good reputation I wouldn’t worry. Ask when you can expect confirmation of your order and take it from there.
My orders been confirmed since day one, that doesn't mean they have allocation though. Wouldn't be hard to believe that they lie about having allocation so people don't cancel their orders and go elsewhere.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My orders been confirmed since day one, that doesn't mean they have allocation though. Wouldn't be hard to believe that they lie about having allocation so people don't cancel their orders and go elsewhere.
You get an email from Ford when the order is placed in their system on your behalf. If you didn’t get that yet, then the question would be how long will it take before your order is entered into the system?.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Another question is are allocations given quarterly,calendar year or model year? The last time my dealer waited 2 weeks for an allocation. That was back in 2011 so maybe things are different now.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would guess the answer to be quarterly as that usually follows corporate metrics. I imagine they have promotions for over production at times or volume goals.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
You get an email from Ford when the order is placed in their system on your behalf. If you didn’t get that yet, then the question would be how long will it take before your order is entered into the system?.
I got that email the day i placed the order

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
assuming you mean this email
1692562947920.png
You’re good to go. I don’t believe Ford would’ve accepted, nevermind confirmed, the dealerships order if they had no allocation. Now you’ll get another email once it gets a VIN assigned. It’s exciting and painful to wait but you’re in!

Last edited:

Mgmginnetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTI
You’re good to go. I don’t believe Ford would’ve accepted nevermind confirmed the dealerships order if they had no allocation. Now you’ll get another email once it gets a VIN assigned. It’s exciting and painful to wait but you’re in!
This email means nothing, I had a bronco on order for 3 years and got this email. Never got made because no allocations.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This email means nothing, I had a bronco on order for 3 years and got this email. Never got made because no allocations.
If FORD sends the confirmation, then FORD has accepted the order. Ford isn’t likely to accept orders from a dealer that doesn’t have allocation and then send a customer confirmation. That doesn’t make sense. Not receiving your Bronco for three years that sucks. Most likely due to the supply chain parts availability that was widely acknowledged.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
If FORD sends the confirmation, then FORD has accepted the order. Ford isn’t likely to accept orders from a dealer that doesn’t have allocation and then send a customer confirmation. That doesn’t make sense. Not receiving your Bronco for three years that sucks. Most likely due to the supply chain parts availability that was widely acknowledged.
100% not true! I had an order and got the email, but my dealer had no allocation. They still don't. Anyone can submit an order, but a dealer only gets so many allocations.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100% not true! I had an order and got the email, but my dealer had no allocation. They still don't. Anyone can submit an order, but a dealer only gets so many allocations.
If the dealer has no allocation then why would Ford accept the order from them in the first place? Ford confirming a dealer order directly with a customer that they have concurrently chosen not to fulfill before being placed is bad form if true. From a customer service perspective, it bears some responsibility to Ford for confirming with you.
Sponsored