• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to verify dealers allocation?

Mgmginnetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTI
Why is ford delivering recently built cars rather then those produced months ago. Nothing they do makes sense.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
You’re referring to the release hold. Yeah, I know, It seems like it’s one thing or another. Realistically though, we really are in different times than before covid. Who knows why they had a release hold. Lots of moving parts to run a car company.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
If the dealer has no allocation then why would Ford accept the order from them in the first place? Ford confirming a dealer order directly with a customer that they have concurrently chosen not to fulfill before being placed is bad form if true. From a customer service perspective, it bears some responsibility to Ford for confirming with you.
I agree with you that it's BS that a dealer can submit an order without an allocation. I talked to a dealer that wanted to put my order in hoping they would get an allocation. What was explained to me is that there are shady dealers out there that will submit a retail order using a "ghost customer" to get more cars sent to them. Apparently this is Ford's way of only sending cars to dealers that can actually move inventory. Rural dealers are much more likely to move trucks than Mustangs so Ford is only going to send them 1 or 2 Mustangs a year (this is the case with my local dealers). If I had left my order with the original dealer it may have eventually gotten picked up, but who knows when? I think Ford definitely has favorite dealers in their network and favors those over smaller dealers.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
sooo that email doesnt mean they have allocation then?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
That’s ridiculous. At no point should a customer receive a manufacturer confirmation of an order that hasn’t been verified.

Last edited:
OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Called today and they said they have 4 GT allocations and 1 dark horse allocation. So does that mean my order is good to go? Or will it still not get picked up?
Sponsored