• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many miles were on your car at delivery?

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think mine had around 25 miles on it. When I left the dealership (i.e. purchased it), it was less than 70 miles. I can't believe the dealership let me test drive it and put that many miles on it, but hey, I did end up buying the vehicle. And no, I did not do any crazy burnouts or WOT.
Sponsored

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
My GT arrived today with 19 miles. I'm thinking of not accepting the car. It took 22 days to get to S.Carolina. I'm thinking someone took a a joy ride somewhere along the way. The drivers seat covering is missing and it not in transport mode. A long 3 month wait for nothing.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
My GT arrived today with 19 miles. I'm thinking of not accepting the car. It took 22 days to get to S.Carolina. I'm thinking someone took a a joy ride somewhere along the way. The drivers seat covering is missing and it not in transport mode. A long 3 month wait for nothing.
you realize that the transport mode is taken off by the dealer before you even have a chance to drive it? its a part of the delivery inspection. 19 miles is low especially if it had to be moved around storage lots or moved to a new area to be loaded on a train. the dealer also removes all plastics, the seat covers can come off easily if transport workers had to move the car around, ive accidentally removed a few in the cars we make at honda, its thin plastic.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The transport mode was off when it came off the transport. The salesperson took pictures as it was unloaded. The dealer has not touched the car except to put it inside the service area. We had an understanding that all plastic and wraps were to remain on. So with the driver seat cover missing and other issues Im not happy. Someone was enjoying the car prior to it showing up today. Not cool.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Mine arrived on 5 March with 8 miles on.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think mine had less than 30 miles. By the time I bought it, I think I was up to 70 miles (the dealer let me drive it home to show the wife before purchase). 3 months later and 2,000+ miles... no issues. Not to be an ass, but I think some of you are overreacting a bit about how many miles come on your vehicle prior to you picking it up. I bought a 2017 F-150 that had 70+ miles on it and it wasn't even on the lot. Drove it for 6.5 years and 80,000+ miles. No issues that were not already a known issue (i.e. cam phaser rattle for the 2nd gen twin turbo 3.5L V6 Ecoboost). I bought a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS turbocharged that had less than 5 miles and was still factory sealed and that car gave me nothing but issues over the 2.5 years of ownership (not here to bash GM).

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Mine had 20 on it and I don't think anyone was joy riding in it, the sales guy whom I have know for years says it's common. I would be more worried about the gaps and the dealer should fix those before you take delivery.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine had 20 on it and I don't think anyone was joy riding in it, the sales guy whom I have know for years says it's common. I would be more worried about the gaps and the dealer should fix those before you take delivery.
^ This. My dealer/service department agreed to fix some QC issues on my vehicle even a few days after I took delivery.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
An average from this thread is about 8 mi / 13 km at pickup. However, Ford will randomly pull cars to drive through their test track at Flat Rock, for additional QC checks. The average of these latter cars is around 20 mi / 32 km and below. Putting a car on the track is not an indication of problems; it's just getting more data for Ford before shipment.

Regarding what happens in transport, who knows. The plastic covering my seats, while in the car, were ripped and torn as if a kid was opening presents at Christmas. The interior? Perfect.

I'm not sure what all details can be pulled from the BCM or PCM, but if the concern is risking a sale, maybe some confidence can be gained by letting the dealer review any data.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have pictures of it coming off the transport. The salesperson put it in safe place until I get there. The service department has not touched the car.

Naudica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium w/PP
When I picked up my car I only had 7 miles on it when I picked it up.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
With all due respect, some of you have some serious issues. I mean ... seriously ... how old are you, 12?

Not going to accept delivery on a vehicle because it has a dozen or two miles on it? Wow. Just. Wow.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
I agree with roadpilot. This is ridiculous. You are going to drive these cars probably 100k+ miles. Don't worry if your car has 20-30 miles on it already. As mentioned, it was probably pulled for a QC check at the end of the line.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Mine had 18 at delivery. I accepted it without question as, like others have said, it was probably just from moving it around at FRAP and on the transport. It has a warranty if you're worried about the drivetrain, but doubtful there is any damage or joy riding going on in your car. They have to drive it to move it. Just part of the process. I would accept it and move on.
Sponsored