• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many miles were on your car at delivery?

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
Mine had 27 miles and I was pissed. They told me it was driven for QC reasons and that it probably was drove to get it on the train car to transport it. I THINK all these miles are these dealers joy riding, but that is totally just my opinion. I got my first oil change and when I picked it up, it was in sport mode. I thought that was strange because I donā€™t keep it in sport mode because I use it as a daily. Itā€™s at these times I wish I could do all the maintenance myself. But, I am a paralegalā€¦not a mechanic. I donā€™t like the fact that anyone else ever has to drive my car.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Mine had 20 off the trailer and I don't think it was driven, I suppose it was possible so 27 doesn't seem impossible.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Mine had 27 miles and I was pissed. They told me it was driven for QC reasons and that it probably was drove to get it on the train car to transport it. I THINK all these miles are these dealers joy riding, but that is totally just my opinion. I got my first oil change and when I picked it up, it was in sport mode. I thought that was strange because I donā€™t keep it in sport mode because I use it as a daily. Itā€™s at these times I wish I could do all the maintenance myself. But, I am a paralegalā€¦not a mechanic. I donā€™t like the fact that anyone else ever has to drive my car.
Just out of curiosity, manual or auto? Just want to see if there is any correlation between mileage of eirher transmission

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
My DH had 5 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot... if that helps anyone.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Mine had 12 miles when it was delivered to the dealer and 18 when I picked it up. The dealer is good sized but everything needed is close together. Yes it came with a full tank of gas but the gas station was right at the edge of the property and would account for a mile or less. Maybe they took it on a short spin to check the operation of the car. What ever happened, I haven't found any problems with it.
Just out of curiosity, manual or auto? Just want to see if there is any correlation between mileage of eirher transmission
Mine is a triple threat. Racing red, Tremec manual transmission and a Dark Horse premium. It's probably pretty tempting for some people to drive a few extra miles just to see what it's like.

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is a triple threat. Racing red, Tremec manual transmission and a Dark Horse premium. It's probably pretty tempting for some people to drive a few extra miles just to see what it's like.
Yep.

Nice!! I wanted a Dark Horse. I had a ruby red 2017 GT premium Convertible. I have the rapid red now. I just couldnā€™t make the leap because I drive it every day.

Wangmuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
I test drove one last week that had 36 miles on it. Salesman encouraged me to throw it in track mode and beat on it, so I obliged.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I was mostly interested in hearing from people with ordered cars than the ones on dealers lots, those I would expect to have a few miles on them from demo rides. Your experience with a demo ride is one reason why I try to avoid buying a car that is in stock. Iā€™m very familiar with your experience of a salesman telling me to beat on a new demo knowing that it will be someones new pride and joy one day..

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
But, I am a paralegalā€¦not a mechanic.
Depending on the area you live in, seek out a local speed shop or mechanic. Many are often owned by enthusiasts, people who understand and respect things better. The maintenance can be updated via the Ford Pass App, which allows the owner to upload notes, photos and receipts. CarFax also allows for driver record updates.

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on the area you live in, seek out a local speed shop or mechanic. Many are often owned by enthusiasts, people who understand and respect things better. The maintenance can be updated via the Ford Pass App, which allows the owner to upload notes, photos and receipts. CarFax also allows for driver record updates.
Thanks so much!!!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Neighbors, Google, social media and other searches are a good start, followed-up by BBB checks. Local car shows in the Spring could be a great avenue to solicit referrals for general maintenance.

I feel the same way though. IDK, things have changed. Years ago if we received a "cool" car, it was like a prize. Well-inspected, respected and discussed, especially if it was something we rarely saw. It's like you were grateful to have the privilege.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT with PP and AE
Mine had 23 miles when delivered and they had driven it to the gas station about 4 miles round trip so maybe 19 off the truck. It was ordered. As one poster said " the salesman encouraged me to beat on it so I did" which is a disaster and I believe is a reason some cars burn oil.

Deleted member 60890

I picked up my 2024 gt convert 1/17/24 and was sitting in the show room with 17 miles on it.
Sponsored