• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many miles were on your car at delivery?

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
My car just showed up at the dealer yesterday and today my sales person took a bunch of pictures for me as I live about 700 miles away and wanted to make sure that the panels all aligned (they do) and that there weren't any major problems before I hoof it up there to pick up the car. Only there is on thing that is pissing me off; there are almost 26 mlies on the odometer. The salesperson claims that this is how many miles the car showed up with and he specifically told the shop to put no miles on it. This is the most I've ever had on a brand new car from the factory in my 55 years of buying cars and it's really bothering me. The heck knows how it was driven in those 26 miles.....maybe all were at a Ā¼ mile at a time?

What mileage did your car show up with when you went to pick it up?
Sponsored

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
For my last 4 brand new cars, they all had less than 10 miles on the odometer. My GT had 8 miles, and it wasn't even a custom order.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
8.2 as it was unloaded from the truck. 16 when I took delivery, but 5 of those extra miles were me taking a quick test drive before delivery.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
They do from time to time use the test track at FRAP to check QC. I'm not sure if they are suppose to put some kind of documentation for the miles.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They do from time to time use the test track at FRAP to check QC. I'm not sure if they are suppose to put some kind of documentation for the miles.
If it was to verify QC then Iā€™m ok with it but I would hope there would be some sort of documentation especially for an ordered car. One other odd thing is that all the stickers are still on all over the car but thereā€™s no plastic on the front seats nor on the steering wheel. Odd for a car right off the trailer

Last edited:

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty SOLD
I got you all beat my 2022 challenger scat pack had 31 miles on it when I picked it up, I was kinda upset but it is what it is.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I actually didn't check the video to see until I saw this thread. Texted my salesman a few minutes ago asking if he knew where they came from. Definitely not happy about it, but not willing to refuse the sale, have been waiting too long.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
My car had 18 miles on it when it rolled off the truck.

I attributed most of that to being produced in mid-June and shuffled around storage and shipping lots around Flat Rock until late August when I took delivery. All of the cars in the first shipment my dealer received had similar mileage.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
My car had 18 miles on it when it rolled off the truck.

I attributed most of that to being produced in mid-June and shuffled around storage and shipping lots around Flat Rock until late August when I took delivery. All of the cars in the first shipment my dealer received had similar mileage.
Mine was built literally 2 weeks ago, had 28 miles on it LAST WEEK on their lot before getting shipped to me. Afraid to see what it is when it gets here.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got you all beat my 2022 challenger scat pack had 31 miles on it when I picked it up, I was kinda upset but it is what it is.
While I agree it is what it is, I also have the freedom to tell the dealer to keep it. I waited 4 months for this car, but it won't kill me to not take it and move on to something else, like maybe a nicely restored '66 K-code convertible instead, šŸ¤”

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
S650 Mustang How many miles were on your car at delivery? IMG_0291

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Reactions: Zig