• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many are regretting

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
My regret is not buying a Mach 1 when I had the change in 2021. This year I bought a '24 GT PP1, but a dealership had a brand new Mach 1 Premium on the lot for 62k and they said they'd negotiate with me on it since it was a 2023, although I couldn't use my A/Z plan pin.

I was almost 100% going to get the car until I found out it had Recaros. I sat in a '24 GT with recaros and hated them. Way too tight and not comfortable at all for my body type - I'm 6'2, 225lb.
Sponsored

dirtgnome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I'm not sure if you have seen this yet, it seems some gaps aren't too complicated to deal with.
Yup, saw this and tried it myself. It did help, but the gap still isn't perfect. I'm starting to wonder if this is a installation/fitment issue and I need to remove the bumper completely and reinstall again.

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
My wife bought me a red 2024 GT convertible for my birthday. It was a complete surprise. She really knows me. She ordered it exactly as I would have. My only regret is that I did not meet her and marry her sooner.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I regret buying the car and I have not taken delivery yet. The salesperson sent pictures of the car as it came off the transport. I ask for a picture of the drivers side headlight, and sure enough, it has the gap between the light and bumper. Sad that the factory let's this go pass QC. It also took 3 weeks to get it here, no telling who all got to hot rod the car as it has 20 miles on it. Ford said it shipped on the 29th of Feb. And it got here of the 20th of March. I will see
what other defects it has when I see it in person. It's been a long 3 month wait and maybe for nothing. I too purschsed many new cars ( 68 ) have not had such bad fit and finished as I have seen and read about here. Sorry for rant.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I regret buying the car and I have not taken delivery yet. The salesperson sent pictures of the car as it came off the transport. I ask for a picture of the drivers side headlight, and sure enough, it has the gap between the light and bumper. Sad that the factory let's this go pass QC. It also took 3 weeks to get it here, no telling who all got to hot rod the car as it has 20 miles on it. Ford said it shipped on the 29th of Feb. And it got here of the 20th of March. I will see
what other defects it has when I see it in person. It's been a long 3 month wait and maybe for nothing. I too purschsed many new cars ( 68 ) have not had such bad fit and finished as I have seen and read about here. Sorry for rant.
Per your post, you havenā€™t bought it yet. Walk away or have them realign the panels or do it yourself, pretty easy stuff really.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Per your post, you havenā€™t bought it yet. Walk away or have them realign the panels or do it yourself, pretty easy stuff really.
This. I had some issues taking delivery of my vehicle. Nothing that the dealership/service department could not take care of without question.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Not one regret. I love my car. My wife (who was kind of eye-rolly about getting it) has even come to love it.
I get similar eye rolls from the wife and I haven't even taken delivery yet LOL. I hope mine comes around at some point too.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I regret buying the car and I have not taken delivery yet.
If you haven't taken delivery, you haven't bought anything. Walk away if you don't like it. Problem solved.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
This. I had some issues taking delivery of my vehicle. Nothing that the dealership/service department could not take care of without question.
Which is precisely one of the reasons dealerships exist.

Jsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
To me...the biggest problem is no longer the screens but how they are utilized... this looks horrible to me... either make the screens smaller or make the graphics larger... this makes it look like part of the screen is burned out...
4.jpg
Mine doesnā€™t look like that. Mine takes the whole screen. But I have the base GT.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Regrets mean you weren't serious to begin with. Should have done this, should have done that...we've all been through it. Research the hell out of something, then made an educated decision. Wife and I researched the S650 for months before buying. I knew what we were getting and upon arrival...no disappointments. šŸ‘

Ice Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Mine doesnā€™t look like that. Mine takes the whole screen. But I have the base GT.
It's all about camera placement. Just ask all those Instagram models ;) When seated and driving, the bezel is blocked by the steering wheel so you only focus on the instrument cluster. I don't think it's necessary to have a tiny bezel with added illumination/graphics behind the steering wheel. It's a car, not a television. Just my opinion. As to this thread, loving my GT PP!

S650 Mustang How many are regretting IMG_2389

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
It also took 3 weeks to get it here, no telling who all got to hot rod the car as it has 20 miles on it. Ford said it shipped on the 29th of Feb. And it got here of the 20th of March.
Y'all have got to get past a mere 20ish miles on your cars at delivery. These things go through testing at FRAP and are driven off and on rail cars and trucks. Look at a satellite image of FRAP....it's huge! Unless someone can show me proof I highly doubt anyone is hot rodding your cars. I had 18 miles on mine at delivery, and yes it also took 3 weeks. I don't think anyone was out hot rodding her or doing burnouts. I do think she sat at the Birmingham railyard for 2 weeks and probably had to be moved a few times, but it is what it is. Neither my salesman nor I had any control over it. I absolutely love my car and have zero regrets. Now if you have 80-100 or more miles, sure you should ask some questions. I wouldn't fret about 20 miles though. That's not that uncommon.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
It's all about camera placement. Just ask all those Instagram models ;) When seated and driving, the bezel is blocked by the steering wheel so you only focus on the instrument cluster. I don't think it's necessary to have a tiny bezel with added illumination/graphics behind the steering wheel. It's a car, not a television. Just my opinion. As to this thread, loving my GT PP!

IMG_2389.jpg
Am glad a few understand the design intent.
Good explanation
Sponsored