• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT with or without performance pack?

ItsRoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 mustang
I wish you could opt for Magneride without the pp but oh well. Def not necessary in the vert imo. I did get the brembo brakes separately though. I got the vert for a daily cruiser not to track so pp didn't really make sense. $5k is a lot to not get much use out of it. In NC roads arent bad compared to north east.
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
When I was building my Mustang, I chose only the options which made sense to me financially.
If I had extra money I might have bought a PP. I chose to only take the Brembo brakes, B&O sound system and active exhaust.

My thought process was pay for what you cant easily and cost-effectively modify and upgrade.

If I chose a PP, I wouldn't have kept the suspension or wheels. As for the other items, I didn't see the value in them to justify the price.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Hi
I am looking at various builds, i plan on a gt premium if not a dark horseā€¦ but i am thinking id really like a convertible so leaning towards gt premium.
Is the 5k for the performance pack worth it? I would NOT be tracking just using it as my daily driver. Is it worth the 5k for all the stuff it has? Id almost rather forgo the 5k and put that towards the convertible.
I would get the mag res shocks and i think you need the performance pack for them, but those are not needed, just a preference.
I want the active exhaust and that does not require the perf pack.

the extra gages, summer tires (which i hate) since they only last 15k. Miles, and being from maine, theres a lot of days lower than 40 degrees where id wish i had all season tires.
I had summer tires on my ecoboost, great tires, but not in the coldā€¦ and they dont last longā€¦

Any good reasons why i NEED the perf pack or reasons NOT to get it?
Thanks for any suggestionsā€¦
Hi
I am looking at various builds, i plan on a gt premium if not a dark horseā€¦ but i am thinking id really like a convertible so leaning towards gt premium.
Is the 5k for the performance pack worth it? I would NOT be tracking just using it as my daily driver. Is it worth the 5k for all the stuff it has? Id almost rather forgo the 5k and put that towards the convertible.
I would get the mag res shocks and i think you need the performance pack for them, but those are not needed, just a preference.
I want the active exhaust and that does not require the perf pack.

the extra gages, summer tires (which i hate) since they only last 15k. Miles, and being from maine, theres a lot of days lower than 40 degrees where id wish i had all season tires.
I had summer tires on my ecoboost, great tires, but not in the coldā€¦ and they dont last longā€¦

Any good reasons why i NEED the perf pack or reasons NOT to get it?
Thanks for any suggestionsā€¦
I prefer the extras that come with the PP. A noticeable handling difference between them and the ones without it. My 18 has it but doesnā€™t have the magneride, my ā€˜20 has it and the magneride, my 24 will have both as well. Although my 18 is lowered, because it doesnā€™t have magneride, and has many upgrades, I donā€™t plan on doing anything to the 24 so I ordered accordingly. Besides, if youā€™re ordering a new car why not treat yourself and spec it out? I also live in Florida so the summer tires is not an issue for me.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I prefer the extras that come with the PP. A noticeable handling difference between them and the ones without it. My 18 has it but doesnā€™t have the magneride, my ā€˜20 has it and the magneride, my 24 will have both as well. Although my 18 is lowered, because it doesnā€™t have magneride, and has many upgrades, I donā€™t plan on doing anything to the 24 so I ordered accordingly. Besides, if youā€™re ordering a new car why not treat yourself and spec it out? I also live in Florida so the summer tires is not an issue for me.
The bolded was kind of my thought process as well when deciding to get the PP, Active Exhaust and Magneride.

MickB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT
I ordered a GT premium without performance pack

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
All of you ordering Civic Mustangs without the Performance PackšŸ˜œ

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
can someone explain how the PP will change daily driving compared to one without it?
Gotta have those bragging rights bro

On a serious note, most notable differences will be in the shorter final drive, stiffer suspension, and better brakes. The rest of the gear probably gets lost on someone looking for a cruiser that just wants to matt the throttle here and there.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Besides, if youā€™re ordering a new car why not treat yourself and spec it out? I also live in Florida so the summer tires is not an issue for me.
Okay, let me answer this question, because it seems that not many people understand this.

Imagine having a budget of 35k. That's an Ecoboost range.

But you are so hard in love with the GT that you slap yourself in the face and decide to spend 7k more than your actual budget, just so you can afford a base GT and hope that this 7k over your budget won't hurt you too much.

And then Ford gives you some options for your GT and you are like..

Ahh yeah a 10-speed auto + 600
Ahh yeah Nite Pony pack looks cool + 1200
Ahh yeah, GT without Quad Exhausts is ugly + 1400
Ahh yeah Premium GT is way cooler + 4000
Ahh yeah, 401A equipment group is nice as well + 2500
Ahh yeah, Performance Pack is amazing + 5000

And you are like 60k in total

Remember the people who only had a budget of 35k and decided to get a GT with 7k over their budget?

Now they went from 35k to 60k

They can't afford the extra's because chosing a GT was already THE extra for them.

I'm in this same position.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Not sure that one checks out. Tuning and civics have gone hand and hand for ages.
Built not bought!
No sense in PP if you will using aftermarket parts.

I guess you missed the sarcasm.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Okay, let me answer this question, because it seems that not many people understand this.

Imagine having a budget of 35k. That's an Ecoboost range.

But you are so hard in love with the GT that you slap yourself in the face and decide to spend 7k more than your actual budget, just so you can afford a base GT and hope that this 7k over your budget won't hurt you too much.

And then Ford gives you some options for your GT and you are like..

Ahh yeah a 10-speed auto + 600
Ahh yeah Nite Pony pack looks cool + 1200
Ahh yeah, GT without Quad Exhausts is ugly + 1400
Ahh yeah Premium GT is way cooler + 4000
Ahh yeah, 401A equipment group is nice as well + 2500
Ahh yeah, Performance Pack is amazing + 5000

And you are like 60k in total

Remember the people who only had a budget of 35k and decided to get a GT with 7k over their budget?

Now they went from 35k to 60k

They can't afford the extra's because chosing a GT was already THE extra for them.

I'm in this same position.
This isn't the scenario the OP appears to be in if they are considering verts and DHs, but a lot of people do get caught up buying more car than they can afford with that yolo mentality.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
Iā€™m currently at Ford Carlisle show In PA. I was talking with Ford Performance Engineer. Granted he is fairly newly out of college, but he has already driven all of the new Mustangs. He had also worked on the Ranger Raptor for a little bit.
I was asking mainly about the MagnaRide. He said while you might notice a little difference for normal driving, like hard cornering, it is mainly a benefit if you track the car. Take that info how you like.
For me, since the only reason I was thinking about the PP, was so I could get MagnaRide. I had no other need for PP, as I do not plan to track the car, so that helped seal the deal for me; no PP or MagnaRide for me.
Can still upgrade to the 19ā€ brakes without getting PP.
Sponsored