• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT with or without performance pack?

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
Seems most are saying no to the PP. I have to agree. I think when the Mustang was $10k less, you had more takers. But with the 401 and the PP you are pushing $60k and we don't see the great discounts and rebates you used to find on a Mustang.

You shoulda made a pole.
Sponsored

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
When I was building my Mustang, I chose only the options which made sense to me financially.
If I had extra money I might have bought a PP. I chose to only take the Brembo brakes, B&O sound system and active exhaust.

My thought process was pay for what you cant easily and cost-effectively modify and upgrade.

If I chose a PP, I wouldn't have kept the suspension or wheels. As for the other items, I didn't see the value in them to justify the price.
Okay, let me answer this question, because it seems that not many people understand this.

Imagine having a budget of 35k. That's an Ecoboost range.

But you are so hard in love with the GT that you slap yourself in the face and decide to spend 7k more than your actual budget, just so you can afford a base GT and hope that this 7k over your budget won't hurt you too much.

And then Ford gives you some options for your GT and you are like..

Ahh yeah a 10-speed auto + 600
Ahh yeah Nite Pony pack looks cool + 1200
Ahh yeah, GT without Quad Exhausts is ugly + 1400
Ahh yeah Premium GT is way cooler + 4000
Ahh yeah, 401A equipment group is nice as well + 2500
Ahh yeah, Performance Pack is amazing + 5000

And you are like 60k in total

Remember the people who only had a budget of 35k and decided to get a GT with 7k over their budget?

Now they went from 35k to 60k

They can't afford the extra's because chosing a GT was already THE extra for them.

I'm in this same position.
You should probably stick with he eco or wait until you make better money instead of starting a go fund me. Grow up and work for it yourself. Gofundme, pfft, that’s as lazy as it gets!

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
You should probably stick with he eco or wait until you make better money instead of starting a go fund me. Grow up and work for it yourself. Gofundme, pfft, that’s as lazy as it gets!
Nah, I'm getting an GT.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Okay, let me answer this question, because it seems that not many people understand this.

Imagine having a budget of 35k. That's an Ecoboost range.

But you are so hard in love with the GT that you slap yourself in the face and decide to spend 7k more than your actual budget, just so you can afford a base GT and hope that this 7k over your budget won't hurt you too much.

And then Ford gives you some options for your GT and you are like..

Ahh yeah a 10-speed auto + 600
Ahh yeah Nite Pony pack looks cool + 1200
Ahh yeah, GT without Quad Exhausts is ugly + 1400
Ahh yeah Premium GT is way cooler + 4000
Ahh yeah, 401A equipment group is nice as well + 2500
Ahh yeah, Performance Pack is amazing + 5000

And you are like 60k in total

Remember the people who only had a budget of 35k and decided to get a GT with 7k over their budget?

Now they went from 35k to 60k

They can't afford the extra's because chosing a GT was already THE extra for them.

I'm in this same position.
Not sure if you're being serious, but you took @Stangerous post entirely out of context.

He was specifically talking about people who have the means to treat themselves and spec out their car, not $30K or GoFundMe millionaires...

Last edited:

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Not sure if you're being serious, but you took @Stangerous post entirely out of context.

He was specifically talking about people who have the means to treat themselves and spec out their car, not $30K or GoFundMe millionaires...
It sounds like people here don't want to know how budget works.

Okay, let me do the same as you guys and flex with cars that are not mine. A little bit of loan here, a little bit of loan there.

Man you guys like to live in a world of lies instead of talking with people who are just straight and fair about their finances.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Okay, let me do the same as you guys and flex with cars that are not mine. A little bit of loan here, a little bit of loan there.

Man you guys like to live in a world of lies instead of talking with people who are just straight and fair about their finances.
Look man. You're the only one here with a gofundme up, so idk how you're preaching about budgeting.

If $5k changes your ability to afford the car, I would say you probably shouldn't buy it at all.

I probably won't even finance my car BTW

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium

It wasn't my intention to offend and I don't know your personal financial situation (which is why I said I'm not sure if you're being serious).

That said, you put a lot of effort into your post about a car buyer who would be spending well above their means. I just wanted to point out that the original comment was about buyers who might purchase a car well below their means but can comfortably afford a more expensive car

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Your prof pic says you have a bicycle and you're trying to buy something that costs 120x more with a go fund me yet we're the ones who don't know what a budget is?

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Your prof pic says you have a bicycle and you're trying to buy something that costs 120x more with a go fund me yet we're the ones who don't know what a budget is?
At least I have my bicycle and I have you. You really feel the need to quote every comment of mine in this forum. Did I hurt you? 😂😂😂

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Dreamers will dream but this guy wants his dream funded. Pathetic!

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
At least I have my bicycle and I have you. You really feel the need to quote every comment of mine in this forum. Did I hurt you? 😂😂😂
I have 180+ messages responding to tons of different people yet you still think I'm solely targeting you? Stop being delusional.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
As long as we know how you get triggered by me. 😂😂
No one triggered besides you and your persecution complex. You think everyone is out to get you, they're not.

Have a good day.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
So back on topic...I ordered the performance package for a few reasons: I like the look of the wing and wheels, I like the strut brace and tuning so I can enjoy curvy roads, and I want to be able to enjoy performance on the road. Do I need it? No. Do I need a Mustang? No, but if I'm gonna have it and I can afford it why not go all in?
Sponsored

Last edited: