• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Active Valve Exhaust Worth Optioning?

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Are you going to cut in your diffuser to get quad tips? Or are you going to buy a diffuser that has holes for quads. The diffuser is different on dual and quad.
I expect i can buy a quad tip diffuser for a couple hundred
Sponsored

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I expect i can buy a quad tip diffuser for a couple hundred
Well good for you, that you are going to change the diffuser and change the whole exhaust system for aftermarket.

There are people here who don't want to change the diffuser and exhaust and are very happy with the OEM active exhaust with the options that comes with it.

There is also something in between. Deleting a resonator and having an X or H pipe.

If that sounds like shit to you as well, than just do what you want to do instead of poking on other people who choose different.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I for one am too lazy to procure an aftermarket exhaust. The primary reason I ordered the AE as for esthetics, since I need a V8 to have quad exhausts, the mode variations and extra HP are just icing on the cake. That said, I'm glad the aftermarket will evolve to satisfy those out there who need a little more.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Will the tone and volume of the factory standard duel tip passive exhaust be comparable to the “Normal” setting with the factory quad tip active exhaust?
Also wondering this. Currently my order does not have active exhaust, but i want it to be LOUD 24/7. So just wondering if I'll think stock is loud enough

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Right, and I'm saying all of them sound like garbage, and the only reason to get active exhaust is if you care about having a quiet mode. The aftermarket ave kits are loads more expensive than the none ave options, and are pointless for someone who will never want his car in quiet mode and only wants 100% volume at all times.
Have you heard an 2024 GT with active exhaust? I have no idea how you can say it sounds like garbage. I think it sounds amazing. It is quite loud in track mode, so if someone actually wants it louder than the AE can get, then in my book they are looking for the terribly obnoxious exhaust options which I hear on occasion. To each his own. I like loud exhaust, but not so loud nobody can stand to be near the car.

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Have you heard an 2024 GT with active exhaust? I have no idea how you can say it sounds like garbage. I think it sounds amazing. It is quite loud in track mode, so if someone actually wants it louder than the AE can get, then in my book they are looking for the terribly obnoxious exhaust options which I hear on occasion. To each his own. I like loud exhaust, but not so loud nobody can stand to be near the car.
Haha, I was also thinking that track mode sounds loud. I feel like I'll definitely get some comments from the wife in track mode, which is why I got the AE to begin with!

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
For someone like me there is no such thing as too loud. Aftermarket non ave all the way

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
2 words to anyone skeptical about picking this option: HELL YEAH! Its amazing, sounds so calm at quiet mode, and deep and loud at track mode.
I also made the favorite button in dash, as a toggle between Quiet / Track exhaust modes. Easy and fun to jump between them.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
2 words to anyone skeptical about picking this option: HELL YEAH! Its amazing, sounds so calm at quiet mode, and deep and loud at track mode.
I also made the favorite button in dash, as a toggle between Quiet / Track exhaust modes. Easy and fun to jump between them.
The instant stealth is handy.
Sponsored