• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Got My GT!

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Picked it up yesterday late afternoon. Drove straight home, about 7 miles on paved roads. I forgot to add in the Gorilla tape in the front wheel well holes.
Fun drive though. Going to have to get used to a very different clutch that the WRX.
I put my 5 amp battery tender (for AGM batteries) on this morning at 7:00AM. Battery needed charging based on the indicators! While that was going on, I installed my white Bullitt manual shift knob. Looks great against the black upholstery and interior. I also installed the UPR Catch Can (dirty side only). That was a challenge due to tight spaces, the Strut Tower Brace, and the fact that I'm not mechanically inclined :crying: - computers, I'm your man. :like:
After charging for three hours, I took the charger off and located my key fob "out of range" of the car and then measured the parasitic current draw off the battery - nothing turned on. I was surprised it measured 400ma (.4 Amp). This is what may be causing all the computer alerts due to a "non optimum" battery charge. I will measure again after the battery is fully charged.
[/QUOTE
I’ve seen a lot of these brand new 2024 mustangs come in with a dead battery or almost a dead battery. Sometimes they sit for a very long time at Flat Rock or on a railroad siding somewhere & the batteries loose their charge.
Congrats on your new GT Mustang.
It will be a lot of fun.
Sponsored

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Congrats!!!