• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gas Guzzler Tax

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Hmm, maybe I should just ask ChatGPT. It's read everything ever written so it should be able to regurgitate the article for me in summarized form. :)
Word! :)
Sponsored

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I just got my window sticker today. Gas Guzzler tax = no charge. Start / stop system = no charge.
The change started with Ford Mustang Job 2.
First week of production 2024.
I will take the $1k and push the cancel anytime I want.
Glad I waited.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I just got my window sticker today. Gas Guzzler tax = no charge. Start / stop system = no charge.
The change started with Ford Mustang Job 2.
First week of production 2024.
I will take the $1k and push the cancel anytime I want.
Glad I waited.
1k for two buttons?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
1k for two buttons?
no extra button. it's the start/run button - now it's just double-duty unlike on F150 which had a button on the center dash you had to whack (or use FordScan) to turn the damn thing off. EVERY startup.

Last edited:

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I read that link about auto stop/start on the manual Focus because I've never had a manual that had it before, and honestly, if it is implemented in the same way, it doesn't sound too bad. It says the car has to be in neutral, so if you leave it in gear, it sounds like you're good to go. Even if not, the button to turn it off is right by the ignition, so it's not like it's hard to get to or buried in menus on the screen.

And because I likely have a little OCD, I like the idea of not having a blank button. With all that said, I still think it's dumb, but it is what it is.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
2 buttons

A Start button and a start/stop next to it.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
ROFL. I never said manual cars have never had a start stop. Again making stupid assumptions. It’s clear you can’t read. We are talking Mustang here in case you forgot what page we are on. But with your abundance of stupidity it wouldn’t be shocking. The S550 GT manual didn’t have start stop. And the S650 GT manual didn’t either. This is something new that most didn’t see coming on the manual GT car. My manual cars have never had stop start but yea i know nothing about manual cars. But yea keep going with the stupidity! Please learn to read and understand what we are all talking about before commenting stupidity. The majority of us think it’s stupid on any car but whatever clueless one.
Even the Mustang manual has start stop.

You failed in every way and now you think you can hide your mistake by writing a whole book.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
OP
OP
SciaticNervePain

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
My apologies, didn't mean for this thread to get a bit out of hand I was just wondering if @Ford Motor Company would do something for those of us who had to pay up the 1k for the gas guzzler tax. I was going to call my dealer but non of the cars they have on the lot have an updated window sticker so they would probably think I am crazy. Has anyone else called theirs?

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
My apologies, didn't mean for this thread to get a bit out of hand I was just wondering if @Ford Motor Company would do something for those of us who had to pay up the 1k for the gas guzzler tax. I was going to call my dealer but non of the cars they have on the lot have an updated window sticker so they would probably think I am crazy. Has anyone else called theirs?
Why would they give you 1k back? The cars being produced now have start/stop which helps emissions and removes the gas guzzler tax. I’m assuming your car does not have start/stop which is why you paid the gas guzzler tax.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Why would they give you 1k back? The cars being produced now have start/stop which helps emissions and removes the gas guzzler tax. I’m assuming your car does not have start/stop which is why you paid the gas guzzler tax.
They aren’t going to but it’s BS cause that stop start don’t save any gas. Plus I’m getting better mpg highway then sticker and they don’t do their tests at 75mph they do it at 65.

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
They aren’t going to but it’s BS cause that stop start don’t save any gas. Plus I’m getting better mpg highway then sticker and they don’t do their tests at 75mph they do it at 65.
All I’m saying is the start/stop is what decides whether you have gas guzzler tax or not.

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
What does your window sticker say? You need combined city/hwy mileage of 22.5 mpg or better to avoid the tax.
Combined mileage on mine says 18mpg.
Sponsored