• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gas Guzzler Tax

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Did any of you get gas guzzler tax put on the order from the dealer? The first time I ordered back in March, it wasn’t on there, and I paid $1000 down. I canceled that order and few weeks later Re ordered from another dealer.
The second dealer has gas guzzler tax on the paperwork they gave me, and it brought the sticker price up exactly $1000 from the first dealer.
Can anyone explain why one of the dealers has it on there and the other didn’t? If it isn’t on there, is that something that you will be charged for when the car comes?
TIA
Sponsored

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
My original order on 3/27 did not have the gas guzzler tax on the order. When the window sticker was released in May the tax was on the sticker with an associated $1k "option" price and the total MSRP was increased by $1k. I have seen some stickers that show the guzzler tax but no associated price but the base MSRP was increased by you guessed it, $1k. Your guess is as good as mine, best guess that Uncle Sam is going to get his $1k tax. :curse:

My order:
S650 Mustang Gas Guzzler Tax Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 1.27.20 PM

Later order from my dealer:
S650 Mustang Gas Guzzler Tax Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 1.29.30 PM

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
taxes bypass the price protection, so no matter what you will be charged for that gas guzzler tax, even if you have an invoice and window sticker without it listed

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My original order on 3/27 did not have the gas guzzler tax on the order. When the window sticker was released in May the tax was on the sticker with an associated $1k "option" price and the total MSRP was increased by $1k. I have seen some stickers that show the guzzler tax but no associated price. Your guess is as good as mine, best guess that Uncle Sam is going to get his $1k tax. :curse:

Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 1.27.20 PM.png
I’m sure so and as soon as Uncle Sam gets it In the palms of his hands, it will go right back out the door🙄

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
taxes bypass the price protection, so no matter what you will be charged for that gas guzzler tax, even if you have an invoice and window sticker without it listed
Thank you, so now that it is on mine they won’t add it again hopefully. My luck, they will add it a few extra times😂

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I believe at first it only applied to DH, then shortly after they made it mandatory on GT's with manual transmissions.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe at first it only applied to DH, then shortly after they made it mandatory on GT's with manual transmissions.
That’s ridiculous, the automatics when shifting do just as bad on gas.
Earlier, I noticed that one of the dealers around here was showing a picture of the window sticker, and for gas guzzler it said $0 so they aren’t charging for it

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Incorrect. Confirmed with Granger that orders before the Gas Guzzler tax was listed will NOT have the tax added. Price protection means price protection.
Now I'm sure lots of other dealers will have no problem changing their invoice amount to the customer which is why you should deal with someone who is known for no BS

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Incorrect. Confirmed with Granger that orders before the Gas Guzzler tax was listed will NOT have the tax added. Price protection means price protection.
Now I'm sure lots of other dealers will have no problem changing their invoice amount to the customer which is why you should deal with someone who is known for no BS
you got me doubting so i asked around, sure enough gas guzzler taxes are not covered by price protection, but some dealers may decide to tank the tax out of their profits if it was added or increased, but that depends on the dealer

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you got me doubting so i asked around, sure enough gas guzzler taxes are not covered by price protection, but some dealers may decide to tank the tax out of their profits if it was added or increased, but that depends on the dealer
Sure, of course mine does. I may ask him about that, to see if they can take it off

longjonsilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ram 1500 Laramie, 2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
curious for those of you that have had your cars delivered and ordered it before the gas guzzler tax was added, if you did in fact receive your price without the gas guzzler tax included

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Did any of you get gas guzzler tax put on the order from the dealer? The first time I ordered back in March, it wasn’t on there, and I paid $1000 down. I canceled that order and few weeks later Re ordered from another dealer.
The second dealer has gas guzzler tax on the paperwork they gave me, and it brought the sticker price up exactly $1000 from the first dealer.
Can anyone explain why one of the dealers has it on there and the other didn’t? If it isn’t on there, is that something that you will be charged for when the car comes?
TIA
Did you by chance order a different package?
Like I mentioned earlier if the new ordered Mustang had 1 mile per gallon less then 24 they will add the TAX.
Sponsored