• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford's CEO Wants the Next Mustang to Be a Poster Car

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Yeah, a genuine car guy at the helm of a company that has one (1) genuine car in its lineup. And he's about to restyle that one to look like a truck. :giggle:
technically there's a couple more cars - Puma in EU and Mondeo in CN. Might be some more, but who cares about international markets.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Yeah, a genuine car guy at the helm of a company that has one (1) genuine car in its lineup. And he's about to restyle that one to look like a truck. :giggle:
Ford still offers sedans and hatchbacks in other markets. There is growing evidence to support ford may also walk back their decision to get rid of cars in the U.S. an insider named ExplorerDude on the blue oval forums has stated ford is considering offering the Lincoln zephyr in the states, and has also considered greenlighting a new affordable sedan program. A mustang sedan will also happen at some point most likely.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
technically there's a couple more cars - Puma in EU and Mondeo in CN. Might be some more, but who cares about international markets.
Fair enough, there are still the Fiesta, Focus, and Mondeo in the EU, with ST models even. Back to the bad old days where the US gets none of that. Maybe if cars come back into fashion they'll bring back the Tempo instead.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Fair enough, there are still the Fiesta, Focus, and Mondeo in the EU, with ST models even.
USA is a big country, you have Raptors for all that free space, blasting freely in all the wilderness. Everything is small and dense here so we get the small cars instead 😁

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
For me, they've ALL been poster cars, including the SN95 and definitely the S197, despite what this writer thinks.

At first, it seems obvious that an executive would want his sports car to be poster-worthy. But keep in mind that Mustangs... have not always been poster-worthy. This might be a divisive take, but it must be said: Both the SN95 and S197 Mustangs were some of the plastickiest and cheapest looking Mustangs in recent memory. They looked like they were happiest sporting a set of chrome wheels and some dumb wing. The design was forgettable at best and clumsy at worst. Whenever I see one of these things I have to look away and try to forget they ever existed.

Her opinions aside, Jim Farley is a car guy like the rest of us.

Speaking to our own Kyle Cheromcha recently at Monterey Car Week, Farley wouldn't confirm whether or not the next Mustang will appear next year. But when asked if there are any broad Mustang goals that he would care to share at the moment, Farley responded, "For my kid to have it on his wall. Or on his phone"

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42160/fords-ceo-wants-next-the-mustang-to-be-a-poster-car
You never saw a 1978 orange with a black vinyl top Mustang II 2-door hardtop. It came with black houndstooth cloth seats and no air conditioning. It had a Pinto engine and 4-speed transmission. That was a poster child for the junkyard while on sitting on the new car lot.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me, they've ALL been poster cars, including the SN95 and definitely the S197, despite what this writer thinks.

At first, it seems obvious that an executive would want his sports car to be poster-worthy. But keep in mind that Mustangs... have not always been poster-worthy. This might be a divisive take, but it must be said: Both the SN95 and S197 Mustangs were some of the plastickiest and cheapest looking Mustangs in recent memory. They looked like they were happiest sporting a set of chrome wheels and some dumb wing. The design was forgettable at best and clumsy at worst. Whenever I see one of these things I have to look away and try to forget they ever existed.

Her opinions aside, Jim Farley is a car guy like the rest of us.

Speaking to our own Kyle Cheromcha recently at Monterey Car Week, Farley wouldn't confirm whether or not the next Mustang will appear next year. But when asked if there are any broad Mustang goals that he would care to share at the moment, Farley responded, "For my kid to have it on his wall. Or on his phone"

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42160/fords-ceo-wants-next-the-mustang-to-be-a-poster-car
So Mustang II sedan would be considered a poster car?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
More like this 4-cylinder 5-speed.

1974 Mustang II.jpg
Wouldn't it have been the 3 speed + OD SROD manual trans back then? I know the first few years of Fox body still had 4 speeds. I had an '83 GT that came with a 4 speed and I swapped it over to a T5.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't it have been the 3 speed + OD SROD manual trans back then? I know the first few years of Fox body still had 4 speeds. I had an '83 GT that came with a 4 speed and I swapped it over to a T5.
Following continuing public concern about fuel efficiency, Consumer Guide (in 1978) tested a 4-cylinder Ghia with a 4-speed manual transmission, an increasingly popular configuration. Staff found that performance was quite poor for a supposed sporty car and ranked it at the bottom of their Low-Priced Sports Car category.
Sponsored