• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford employee leaves note in Dark Horse glovebox for future owner

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I would've loved to have found one. But unless someone left an Easter Egg in a body panel or something, no. The article makes me want to continue to double-check every nook and cranny each time I'm in the car.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
That's pretty cool. :like:

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Wished I had one in my glove box, today after the UPR Oil catch can install this afternoon, I finally took my car for a ride, wow, what a car, and that I am truly enjoying the car a lot!!
Tomorrow I might go for a car ride since it is going to be sunny at around 54 degrees before the winter hits here for hibernation of my vehicle. Never like taking the car out in the salty roads! The salty roads might hit pretty soon! My Shadow Black Dark Horse will be hibernating with some hay!
Lol! Have a great Christmas in the up coming days! Take care, Jesus is the reason for all things that are happening cuz He loves us all that nobody can on earth! Look nigh into the heavens for His Glory appearing soon! Merry Christmas to you all!

If you got your letter in your glove box, please share it with us all by taking a snapshot of the letter!!!

S650 Mustang Ford employee leaves note in Dark Horse glovebox for future owner IMG_2581

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Steeda employee who got the letter. Still cool, but not as random as the article makes it LOL.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
Yes, Iā€™m a world-class cynic.

But this warm and fuzzy note thing kinda caps off my feeling all along that while the two cars are similar, the S650 is clearly targeted at a totally different demographic than was the S550. Its focus seems to be on a much younger, kinder, gentler, and not so hard core audience. This IMO is why Ford never hesitated to lock down the ECU on the car; most of the buyers donā€™t care or maybe donā€™t even know. But they got a feel-good note and thatā€™s probably more important than it might have been to the average S550 buyer.

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

But this warm and fuzzy note thing kinda caps off my feeling all along that while the two cars are similar, the S650 is clearly targeted at a totally different demographic than was the S550. Its focus seems to be on a much younger, kinder, gentler, and not so hard core audience. This IMO is why Ford never hesitated to lock down the ECU on the car; most of the buyers donā€™t care or maybe donā€™t even know. But they got a feel-good note and thatā€™s probably more important than it might have been to the average S550 buyer.
You have mis-judged the S650 buyers. Many or most of us were or are S550 owners. Hard core ones at that. Nothing has changed. LOL

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Steeda employee who got the letter. Still cool, but not as random as the article makes it LOL.
I can just about Guarantee itā€™ll NEVER happen to your average Mustang enthusiast. We just have to pray the car comes out with the gaps correct and no paint defects. But hey, itā€™s good PR and few are going to bother to find out itā€™s a Steeda car or who Steeda is.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Now that is super cool !!!
Back in the 60ā€™s a Elderly lady had a
I would've loved to have found one. But unless someone left an Easter Egg in a body panel or something, no. The article makes me want to continue to double-check every nook and cranny each time I'm in the car.
Back in the 60ā€™ an Elderly Lady had a Chevy Impala with a Rattle in one of the doors.
Mechanics drove the car & couldnā€™t find the Rattle.
So they decided to take the door panel off..
There was an impact wrench in side the door.
There was a NOTE.
It said,HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO FIND THIS?
The spokesman at Burt Chevrolet said the employee at GM was fired, but who really knows?
Someone got a good impact wrench.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Iā€™m a little bit embarrassed to mention this.
I purchased a new Ford Fiesta.
I looked in the Glove Box and found a Yellow piece of paper, stuffed behind & barely visible.
It was a repair order for all the damage the delivery driver did.
I checked out the Roof and I was able to peel off sheets of plastic expoxy.
I took it back to the dealership and they Repainted the entire car.
I kept it almost a year and purchased a new 1980 Mustang-4- Speed.
Lesson learned.
Always double check the Vehicle before you drive it off the lot!

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I followed my '15 F150 Platinum through trim, chassis, and final at DTP as it was being assembled. Took about 100 pics and half a dozen videos. When I sold the truck, I put all of that on a DVD and stuck it in the glovebox with a note. Hope the next owners appreciated it! šŸ˜€

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

Feel better now?
Sponsored