• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford chat updates on ETA

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
This is not true. Depending on the vehicle it varies. New model Mustangs are usually on the dealer lots in
mid-August.
I agree to disagree. . If they are going to physically be there in a couple of weeks I would think all dealers would be telling their customers.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I agree to disagree. . If they are going to physically be there in a couple of weeks I would think all dealers would be telling their customers.
You can't agree to disagree when you are completely wrong about "Almost all manufacturers use September as the month when dealerships start getting orders filled." Like I said different makes have different order dates, days you can order them. And not all vehicles from the dealership are available to order at all times.

And yes, dealers are confirming that ford is scheduling vehicles to be delivered mid-August! Mine has!

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
You can't agree to disagree when you are completely wrong about "Almost all manufacturers use September as the month when dealerships start getting orders filled." Like I said different makes have different order dates, days you can order them. And not all vehicles from the dealership are available to order at all times.

And yes, dealers are confirming that ford is scheduling vehicles to be delivered mid-August! Mine has!
Question is are dealers getting the same bullshit ETA that we are.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Question is are dealers getting the same bullshit ETA that we are.
You would hope not. But from my past experience with Ford and buying / ordering Mustangs, new models hit the dealerships around Mid-August.

Everything makes sense.

I think if anyone received an ETA before the media reviewers were supposed to release their videos on all the social media platforms then they were expecting too much.

But I havent seen scheduled ETA's to the dealership before.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
This isn’t like other model years and I wouldn’t expect it to be. Fords initial plan was “early summer” for release and that what they were working towards until obviously they didn’t meet that deadline and now there plan is “summer”. But this model year is supposed to be in production for 18 months according to Ford hence why 2023 mustangs were only built for such a short period of time. Now it might end up that we get our cars in August/September but using previous year model releases or even other car brands releases is irrelevant to this. No one knows why the cars are just sitting but it is definitely not because August/September is the normal release time

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I was given an ETA of 8/18-8/24

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This isn’t like other model years and I wouldn’t expect it to be. Fords initial plan was “early summer” for release and that what they were working towards until obviously they didn’t meet that deadline and now there plan is “summer”. But this model year is supposed to be in production for 18 months according to Ford hence why 2023 mustangs were only built for such a short period of time. Now it might end up that we get our cars in August/September but using previous year model releases or even other car brands releases is irrelevant to this. No one knows why the cars are just sitting but it is definitely not because August/September is the normal release time

It would only be irrelevant if it wasn't following the same timeline as other orders I have seen, so it does have some relevance.
Now I wasn't saying this is EXACTLY how it is, just giving my experience with the matter.

I'm assuming you have never ordered a new model year vehicle at launch like most. It is normal even before covid for a vehicle to sit after production for around a month before it gets on the rail. Yes I now others have waited longer.

Not sure what you mean by other brands as I'm not mentioning other brands.

But early summer is not a release date, release window, maybe.

And I'm pretty sure Ford knows why the cars are sitting. LOL

As of now everyone in the forums is assuming, including me. But to me to think Ford is just sitting on these vehicles and not listing the reason to release them is because they have a date. If it was missing parts everyone would know just like the chips with the F150.

But I could be wrong.

We will see this week as they have to have movement to meet the timeline they list now.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
It would only be irrelevant if it wasn't following the same timeline as other orders I have seen, so it does have some relevance.
Now I wasn't saying this is EXACTLY how it is, just giving my experience with the matter.

I'm assuming you have never ordered a new model year vehicle at launch like most. It is normal even before covid for a vehicle to sit after production for around a month before it gets on the rail. Yes I now others have waited longer.

Not sure what you mean by other brands as I'm not mentioning other brands.

But early summer is not a release date, release window, maybe.

And I'm pretty sure Ford knows why the cars are sitting. LOL

As of now everyone in the forums is assuming, including me. But to me to think Ford is just sitting on these vehicles and not listing the reason to release them is because they have a date. If it was missing parts everyone would know just like the chips with the F150.

But I could be wrong.

We will see this week as they have to have movement to meet the timeline they list now.
It following the same timeline as others is just a coincidence IMO and you are correct this is my first time ordering a car but have been following this launch pretty closely ever since the reveal.

Orders sitting a month could be for various reasons like waiting for a rail car or truck to become available or missing parts as you said but in this case it’s neither cause if they were waiting on shippers some would start trickling out and if it was parts then like you said we would know. I am almost going on two months since built.

Other members were talking about other brands and my post wasn’t directed specifically to you.

Early summer is a window obviously I wasn’t being literal.

If Ford had a date in mind then why haven’t they shared this info with us or even their dealers especially after they have missed their original publicly communicated launch “window”

I am hoping they have a good reason for these delays such as QC but we probably won’t find out until way after if ever.

I think you are right about a date but that date has been consistently changing as why certain dates were floating around but then didn’t happen for one reason or another and probably is the reasons it isn’t being communicated cause they don’t have a set date yet

Mikey7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
The Ramp is the holding lot that all new cars go to before they are put on the transport trucks to go to their respective dealers.....so basically its parked, and waiting to be delivered to your dealer....
Where is ramp 59. , apparently mind was move to Dearborn truck plant does anyone knows s what that means

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Where is ramp 59. , apparently mind was move to Dearborn truck plant does anyone knows s what that means
Ramp 59 - Dearborn Truck

They are the same thing as far as I know

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
My ETA got bumped another week right on cue as always with the beginning of another week! LOL. I have to laugh at this point.

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I agree-it is laughable at this point…. There’s no point it even contacting them anymore since nothing can be trusted.

Thereallotddenning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
My ETA got bumped another week right on cue as always with the beginning of another week! LOL. I have to laugh at this point.
My eta went from 08/01-08/07 to now 08/05-08/11 so kind of the same window but I agree its like a weekly tradition now lol
Sponsored