• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those that ordered around 3/27/23 or have experience with this process do you think...

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Nah it’s probably 2 maybe 3 days to build.
I’m in paint, half a day to get through stamping, a little more to make it through body and paint, then it goes into ASRS where there is 1200 more in front of it, then it finally gets pulled and sent through chassis and trim which is probably another 6 hours, then pre delivery then out to the lot.
Sponsored

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
StangMode got his build week already it’s in early May. He definitely got it expedited cause if his relationship with ford but I am assuming he ordered on the 27th like the rest of us so we might be getting our dates sooner then then mid April? And if his is getting built early may then deliveries will prob be in early to mid June, man I’d thought July was the absolute earliest I’d get it but maybe not!

Rice0086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Focus RS
They build it in one day. I think it only takes a couple of hours to do.
On December 1, 1913, Henry Ford installs the first moving assembly line for the mass production of an entire automobile. His innovation reduced the time it took to build a car from more than 12 hours to one hour and 33 minutes.

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
StangMode got his build week already it’s in early May. He definitely got it expedited cause if his relationship with ford but I am assuming he ordered on the 27th like the rest of us so we might be getting our dates sooner then then mid April? And if his is getting built early may then deliveries will prob be in early to mid June, man I’d thought July was the absolute earliest I’d get it but maybe not!
That would be sweet. The wait is brutal! I was always hoping to get it a little before July 4th as it would be nice to have as we are celebrating our freedom.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
How long does it take to build? Is it like a couple of days or is it a long process?
Don't be surprised if all the dates being tracked (scheduled, blend, build, shipped, etc.) move around some. This is normal.

I consider the most important date to be when you are gifted a VIN. Having a VIN cut gives you 99.999% certainty the car will be built. You should receive a VIN on or about the date you are gifted a production or intended build date.

My build (from "blend" date to "built" date) officially took three days. As mentioned by others, some in one day. Some take weeks. For example, you enter the line on a Friday before break, then the break while you are still on the line. All these events mentioned are normal.

When you receive access to your window sticker, there will be a series of numbers up at the top, "###/###". The first three positions, "059" let's say, is your position in line on that date of production. The second, maybe, "742", is the total number of Mustangs they intend to build that day. Some members will notice they are very close, sometimes right next to one another.

They do not build Mustangs every day of every week. We'll start seeing scheduled production dates soon. They might build Mustangs a handful of days a month. They might build Mustangs a few weeks straight. It's often somewhere in-between.

After production, be prepared for more delays. Not to make light of anyones' wait, but your car could be built in one day, then wait two weeks for a rail pick-up, or a few more weeks at a depot waypoint. Ford and shipping companies want rail cars and trucks as full as possible, for more efficient shipment.

As a reminder, ask your supporting dealer to save any documents found inside the car. Once built, they leave the build sheets in the car. The receiving dealer often later tosses them. They're nice keepsakes.

Best of Luck In Everyones' Builds. :fingerscrossed:. :please:. :rockon:.

Last edited:

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
Don't be surprised if all the dates being tracked (scheduled, blend, build, shipped, etc.) move around some. This is normal.

I consider the most important date to be when you are gifted a VIN.
Man you are probably the happiest go lucky person around here. I look at the money I am paying as a gift to Ford, its suppliers and the dealer from me.

Nice to read comments from positive people in the morning

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
March 9th
So you ordered on March 9th, got a VIN and scheduled "build week" on March 28th and a more specific "build day" on April 3rd for a total of 26 days from order to specific build date?

Rice0086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Focus RS
So you ordered on March 9th, got a VIN and scheduled "build week" on March 28th and a more specific "build day" on April 3rd for a total of 26 days from order to specific build date?
yep build date I got this morning when I emailed my sales manager bitching about the silly tracking link that seems to not work for me, Build date set for May 18th

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yep build date I got this morning when I emailed my sales manager bitching about the silly tracking link that seems to not work for me, Build date set for May 18th
nice! was the tracking link an automated thing Ford sent out today or something manually sent to you by the dealer?

Last edited:

KeanuFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse *orderd*
we will still be able to modify our orders after build and price phase 2 goes live on Ford's website on 4/17? It sounds like Ford is going to be giving out scheduling dates the week of 4/10. It seems like our Canadian friends were getting build dates and VINs about 20 days after ordering which might lock your options in so it seems to me we might be locked in before build and price phase 2 goes live although this is my first time ordering a new Ford. What do you guys think??
what is phase 2 price? like more expesive options or ?????????

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
what is phase 2 price? like more expesive options or ?????????
No build & price is what the tool is called phase 2 will just be a more developed version of what it is now so that we can actually see the packages and options on the car except just the color changing

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No build & price is what the tool is called phase 2 will just be a more developed version of what it is now so that we can actually see the packages and options on the car except just the color changing
Sounds like anyone who ordered on 3/27 will probably have until about 4/20 to amend their order as I don't think you can change anything after you get a specific build date. Build and price phase 2 is supposed to go live on 4/17 so those who wish to make changes after you can see a better visual of what the car will look like on 4/17 will have to act fast. I have gathered enough information and based on my current build I don't think I will be changing anything unless Recaros gain heating & cooling and that is seeming unlikely.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I've got 2 cars on order.

1) 2023 Dodge Charger ScatPack Widebody. I am order confirmed and not yet scheduled. I asked to add sunroof option and was told no dice. Once a VIN# was assigned I can't change it.
S650 Mustang For those that ordered around 3/27/23 or have experience with this process do you think... IMG_7964

2) 2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium. I was told I had only a week or so to decide on any changes and once a VIN# was assigned it might be impossible to change.
S650 Mustang For those that ordered around 3/27/23 or have experience with this process do you think... 70302342200__A53C8FEE-EC0C-4789-AF15-4C337A1B499B
Sponsored