• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

For those that ordered around 3/27/23 or have experience with this process do you think...

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
we will still be able to modify our orders after build and price phase 2 goes live on Ford's website on 4/17? It sounds like Ford is going to be giving out scheduling dates the week of 4/10. It seems like our Canadian friends were getting build dates and VINs about 20 days after ordering which might lock your options in so it seems to me we might be locked in before build and price phase 2 goes live although this is my first time ordering a new Ford. What do you guys think??
Sponsored

Rice0086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Focus RS
we will still be able to modify our orders after build and price phase 2 goes live on Ford's website on 4/17? It sounds like Ford is going to be giving out scheduling dates the week of 4/10. It seems like our Canadian friends were getting build dates and VINs about 20 days after ordering which might lock your options in so it seems to me we might be locked in before build and price phase 2 goes live although this is my first time ordering a new Ford. What do you guys think??
I got my vin Tuesday and changed my order on Thursday seems we can change things while we only have a schedule week but when we get a build day its locked in I believe but don't quote me on it please lol

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my vin Tuesday and changed my order on Thursday seems we can change things while we only have a schedule week but when we get a build day its locked in I believe but don't quote me on it please lol
Thanks for the response! Wasn't your modification a car cover? Not sure if that is a dealer option or a factory option but if that was a factory option that is a good sign we might be able to modify still after build & price phase 2 goes live although I suppose it technically doesn't change the car itself. Not sure if the factory would care to deny post VIN changes that physically change the car and allow changes that don't physically change the car. My guess is they wouldn't differentiate between those two scenarios.

Rice0086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Focus RS
Thanks for the response! Wasn't your modification a car cover? Not sure if that is a dealer option or a factory option but if that was a factory option that is a good sign we might be able to modify still after build & price phase 2 goes live although I suppose it technically doesn't change the car itself. Not sure if the factory would care to deny post VIN changes that physically change the car and allow changes that don't physically change the car. My guess is they wouldn't differentiate between those two scenarios.
Yep Full outdoor car cover and yes its a dealer option

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
To be safe I recommend following the order guide and order what you want first time around. Mine is in and I have no intentions of changing it simply because I don't want anything messed up.

DARK HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO,2021 JL RUBICON,2022F150 TREMOR
What day did you submit your order, trying to see how long it took for vin.

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be safe I recommend following the order guide and order what you want first time around. Mine is in and I have no intentions of changing it simply because I don't want anything messed up.
I think my order is good enough that I could live with it but it was pretty hard to finalize something back on 3/27 without being able to see what any of the options look like just like I went with a "blade spoiler" even though I wasn't able to see what it would look like on the car. I think the only thing I would change at this point would be to include Recaros if it turns out they actually do include power, heating & cooling after build & price phase 2 is released. The current build and price says fastback only and I'm ordering a convertible so I'm probably out of luck with those either way.

S65026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape V6
Having previously worked at a Ford dealership, as long as you have not received a build date then you can still make changes to your order.

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having previously worked at a Ford dealership, as long as you have not received a build date then you can still make changes to your order.
So basically we get a scheduled week in a couple weeks from now and then we get a more specific build date so many weeks after that?

S65026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape V6
So basically we get a scheduled week in a couple weeks from now and then we get a more specific build date so many weeks after that?
Basically. The first scheduling you will get is your build week which can move around some. Then, you will get your build day. I have rarely seen build days move around. Once it has been built, if there are no chip or part shortages, it should arrive at your dealership in about a month to a month and a half.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Basically. The first scheduling you will get is your build week which can move around some. Then, you will get your build day. I have rarely seen build days move around. Once it has been built, if there are no chip or part shortages, it should arrive at your dealership in about a month to a month and a half.
How long does it take to build? Is it like a couple of days or is it a long process?

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
My 21 Mach 1 which I ordered 6/21 first got the scheduled notification and therefore a VIN on 6/24 (mind you 21 production may have already started but I can’t remember for sure) and eventually settled on a build week of 8/16.

I received an email on 8/16 that it had been built. Which is when I got an estimated deliver date between 9/5 and 9/11. It shipped on 8/18.

I actually wound up taking delivery of it on 8/24. Which is insane because my dealership was in Houston TX.

S65026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape V6
My 21 Mach 1 which I ordered 6/21 first got the scheduled notification and therefore a VIN on 6/24 (mind you 21 production may have already started but I can’t remember for sure) and eventually settled on a build week of 8/16.

I received an email on 8/16 that it had been built. Which is when I got an estimated deliver date between 9/5 and 9/11. It shipped on 8/18.

I actually wound up taking delivery of it on 8/24. Which is insane because my dealership was in Houston TX.
Which dealership?