• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First Impressions - Ecoboost Convertible.

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
First Mustang for me. Picked up about 4 hours ago. Drove about 30 miles and played around for about an hour with all the settings. Fun being the first one in my town....everyone at the dealership was checking it out and jaw dropping at it.

Ecoboost Premium Convertable - 201A with Active Exhaust.

Loving it so far! I read a lot of conflicting info and wanted to give my 2c worth.

- Automatic Transmission is nice and smooth so far. Good acceleration and smooth shifting.
- Yeah active exhaust is not a V8 roar, but still lots of fun in the ecoboost. I do like the quiet mode as it is really quiet for my close neighbors. Remote rev is fun.
- Auto Stop so far is not really that bad. You can't permanently turn it off, but you can set it off in your custom driving mode. So switch to it after startup and you are set.
- Trunk seems smaller than past models I have seen
- Welcome lighting is fun and sure is an attention getter
- Yes, it does have an AM radio
- Mirror USB port is not where pictured in the manual. It is at the bottom of the sensor assembly, not on the side. But is there on the convertible.
- FOB seems smaller than previous models, could just be me...
- You can adjust the brightness of the screens contrary to what some YouTubers said.
- Rapid Red Metallic looks fantastic, but it does seem to show a lot of fingerprints.
- Using your Phone as a Key does not appear enabled on this model. Hopefully they will add it in the future like some other Ford models.

So this is going to be fun! Weather is just turning nice so perfect timing!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG ECOBOOST PREMIUM YELLOW SPLASH
First Mustang for me. Picked up about 4 hours ago. Drove about 30 miles and played around for about an hour with all the settings. Fun being the first one in my town....everyone at the dealership was checking it out and jaw dropping at it.

Loving it so far! I read a lot of conflicting info and wanted to give my 2c worth.

- Automatic Transmission is nice and smooth so far. Good acceleration and smooth shifting.
- Yeah active exhaust is not a V8 roar, but still lots of fun in the ecoboost. I do like the quiet mode as it is really quiet for my close neighbors. Remote rev is fun.
- Auto Stop so far is not really that bad. You can't permanently turn it off, but you can set it off in your custom driving mode. So switch to it after startup and you are set.
- Mirror USB port is not where pictured in the manual. It is at the bottom of the sensor assembly, not on the side. But is there on the convertible.
- You can adjust the brightness of the screens contrary to what some YouTubers said.
- Rapid Red Metallic looks fantastic, but it does seem to show a lot of fingerprints.
- Using your Phone as a Key does not appear enabled on this model. Hopefully they will add it in the future like some other Ford models.

just curious what was your build date?? i have the same one but in yellow splash!! my build date was 9/6 hoping it ships before union issues take place! thnks ps almost got that color too!!! i havent actually seen the yellow in person hoping its nice!

OP
OP

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
My build date was 7/11. It sat on the lot for quite a while up in Michigan unfortunately. Order date was back in April.

OP
OP

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
So after a couple of weeks - still loving it! As a daily city driver, I don't know where I would put any more power.

A couple of continued observations -

- The speed limiter is pretty cool. Im not one to speed, and they are pretty tough here on speeders - so I like being able to goose it and have it self level out the speed limit (well a few over lol).
- She is much more throaty at cold start and I am amazed how quickly the engine gets to temperature. It seems like 2 minutes and she is up to temp.
- Quite a few speed limits are wrong in the database for my area on the GPS. Wonder if there is anywhere that you can submit corrections.
- Also it picks up school zone 15 MPH limits when school is not in session
- Every once in a while the infotainment system takes a couple of minutes to boot up. Annoying but not terrible.
- More than I like, I get bad bluetooth CarPlay connections. Garbled audio and/or garbled phone calls.
- Wireless charge seems to be finicky with my iPhone.
- I have a rattle coming from the passenger seat on uneven payment.

None of this I can't deal with and am really enjoying it so far.
Sponsored