• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First Shakedown Cruise.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
So I finally got a chance to take my 24 GT Premium 401a on a decent shakedown cruise. I picked it up Feb 29 and drove around town, a little highway and put 120 miles on it. So today I took a long day trip consisting of open highway, twisty, smooth backroads and alas bumper to bumper traffic in spots. Total was about 300 miles.

My iPhone is paired to the Mustang and displays phone calls and so forth but would not connect to Apple Car play which I am new to so I'm sure I am doing something wrong there. I did get it to connect via USB cable and it worked flawlessly.

I'm slowly learning the Sync4 system and controls. Ford was super smart having a physical volume knob. Nice touch.

I have to set up profiles and things will be easier.

So.... The car is an absolute beast. I'm coming from an 03 GT vert so it's like night and day. It has tons of power, handles very well especially on a windy road like the Taconic Pkwy in upper NYS. It's pretty much on rails. The exhaust is plenty loud enough for me, but it's fun changing modes. It gets a nice burble at times letting off the gas which is kind of cool. For me, 6'1" 190 lbs it is very comfortable. And of course stares from all kinds of drivers lol! I'm glad I didn't get the handling pack because the car is a nice combination of tight and smooth all at once.

No rattles or squeaks.

Car tracks perfectly straight and steering wheel is centered on a level road riding on the crown. No wandering etc.

I could go on for pages, but I am extremely happy.

Oh and I got insane mileage and I did check it calculating manually and it was 1.3 mpg less than the display.

See attached photo.

Car was in accessory mode when I took the pic.
Sorry for it being sideways, I have no idea how to fix that.

So that's my review.

1710631287263-i7.png
Sponsored

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Pretty cool! I had almost identical experience with my GT Premium a few weeks ago at the 500 mile mark. Coming from an 88 GT like you stated, this is a different beast, plenty of power, handles tight even without PP, active exhaust modes are a blast and the thing sounds amazing.
I've been waiting 35 years to get back in a Stang, got in early order, waited 7 months and it has exceeded all my expectations so far.

OP
OP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Pretty cool! I had almost identical experience with my GT Premium a few weeks ago at the 500 mile mark. Coming from an 88 GT like you stated, this is a different beast, plenty of power, handles tight even without PP, active exhaust modes are a blast and the thing sounds amazing.
I've been waiting 35 years to get back in a Stang, got in early order, waited 7 months and it has exceeded all my expectations so far.
Fantastic!!!!
While I have had some family trucksters over the years, this is really my first modern sports / muscle car and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I realize the hardcore modify and track fans are shaking their collective heads and that's fine because the best part of a Mustang is the ability to make it your own. I'm no longer a track person but in my younger days I did track a 340 engine Plymouth Duster and it was fun. These days, I like cruising with some power, handling and creature comforts. That's the best part of the Mustang, it fits into many people's desires. Make it your own and have fun!!!
Sponsored