• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Extended warranty

JP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I'm definitely interested in purchasing one for my GT premium due next week. Searching the topic, Granger seemed to the best financial choice. I live in Jacksonville, FL. The Granger online pricing tool would not allow me to select Florida as the state.

What are my other viable choices for a reliable, cost-effective extended warranty vendor if my dealer charges significantly more than Granger? To get a ballpark figure from Granger, I selected Georgia as my state and priced out a 7 year 125k (premium care) with a few extras for $2300
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I feel your biggest limitation will be that FL requires providers to be licensed in the state of FL.

E-mails, cold calls and googling. When I putted around on this topic earlier, I found an out-of-state Ford dealer licensed to sell in FL, but I didn't inquire further (site required personal information, call backs, etc.).

There are third party insurers, but I'd get a copy of their policy and scrutinize it to the smallest detail.

Buying a Ford policy from a Ford dealer in FL would be ideal. You just have to shop around.

Edit: *Policies do not have to be purchased until just before the factory bumper-to-bumper policy expires. Owners have three years or 36000 mi/57000 kms.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
*Policies do not have to be purchased until just before the factory policy expires. Owners have three years.
??? Huh ?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
??? Huh ?
The factory policy, the bumper-to-bumper policy is 3Y, 36000 mi/57000 km. People buying a new car can buy a policy at the time of purchase, but they can also buy one just before the factory policy expires.

I purchased mine a bit over one year from signing for the car, through Granger.

While FL owners are somewhat limited in their purchase options, they have plenty of time to shop around. Purchasing a product for a 2-3 YO car with some miles on it will be a bit more expensive than buying at car signing. Those interested would have to study that.

While FL owner cannot purchase through Granger, the site is great for plugging in different variables and studying outcomes.

Reactions: Zig

nname05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ford Mustang GT Cali Spec

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I feel your biggest limitation will be that FL requires providers to be licensed in the state of FL.

E-mails, cold calls and googling. When I putted around on this topic earlier, I found an out-of-state Ford dealer licensed to sell in FL, but I didn't inquire further (site required personal information, call backs, etc.).

There are third party insurers, but I'd get a copy of their policy and scrutinize it to the smallest detail.

Buying a Ford policy from a Ford dealer in FL would be ideal. You just have to shop around.

Edit: *Policies do not have to be purchased until just before the factory bumper-to-bumper policy expires. Owners have three years or 36000 mi/57000 kms.
I don't see why the fact that the OP is in Florida would matter.

This is Ford's ESP (not the dealer's), thus they're the provider and it can be used at any dealer nationwide. Granger (and other dealers) are just helping Ford distribute it for sale.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I purchased an 8 year extended factory warranty on my 392 Wrangler using an out of state address of a friend. After it was issued, I changed it to my Florida address. The Michigan dealership I bought the policy from didnā€™t have an issue with it and was very helpful in making the changes.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I don't see why the fact that the OP is in Florida would matter.

This is Ford's ESP (not the dealer's), thus they're the provider and it can be used at any dealer nationwide. Granger (and other dealers) are just helping Ford distribute it for sale.
Florida has state licensing requirements on who can sell warranty products. The seller must be licensed to do business in and by the state. Most out of state Ford dealers (Granger, Flood, etc.) are not going to be licensed in FL. Even internet sellers have to be licensed.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I'm definitely interested in purchasing one for my GT premium due next week. Searching the topic, Granger seemed to the best financial choice. I live in Jacksonville, FL. The Granger online pricing tool would not allow me to select Florida as the state.

What are my other viable choices for a reliable, cost-effective extended warranty vendor if my dealer charges significantly more than Granger? To get a ballpark figure from Granger, I selected Georgia as my state and priced out a 7 year 125k (premium care) with a few extras for $2300
I just did the paperwork on mine last night. The extended warranty plus maintenance plan was an extra 6k. I too live in Florida.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Florida has state licensing requirements on who can sell warranty products. The seller must be licensed to do business in and by the state. Most out of state Ford dealers (Granger, Flood, etc.) are not going to be licensed in FL. Even internet sellers have to be licensed.
I see. That's a bit different than what @Skye said (although still ridiculous, IMO). Apparently, most other states don't have this restriction.

Be that as it may, what @Instant Action describes seems to be a good workaround of the law for a Florida resident to get a discounted rate from an out-of-state dealer like Granger.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I just did the paperwork on mine last night. The extended warranty plus maintenance plan was an extra 6k. I too live in Florida.
6K? Wow! My 8 year 100k on the Jeep was under 2k. No maintenance for that price, but oil changes I can do myself.

Illini4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2017 Mustang GT
Extended warranty = bad investment. You're paying for a repair you probably won't need. There are exceptions of course, but they are rare.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Extended warranty = bad investment. You're paying for a repair you probably won't need. There are exceptions of course, but they are rare.
[/QUOTE
Iā€™d rather have it than not and need it. But if itā€™s not in your budget yeah, itā€™s a bad investment.
Sponsored