• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Service contracts / extended warranty question

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
For those of you that have owned previous model mustangs, how many of you actually saved money by buying an additional warranty/service contract and using it for something the factory warranty didn’t cover? I have a feeling it’s a rare occurrence if we’re all honest…
Sponsored

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
I did not buy it for my 2018 and when the electronics went out at about 50,000 miles, it cost me around $1800 to have it fixed. New screen and modules required to support it. ESP would have covered that.

I had only bought one extended warrantee and that was for my 2015 H-D Ultra Limited. I was concerned about all the electronics on that. I was glad I did, not because of any electronic failures but for mechanical issues that arose after the original warrantee had expired.

When I saw the pricing from Granger Ford earlier this month, I purchased an extended warrantee for my wife's 2022 Maverick Hybrid. I will probably get one for my 2024 EcoBoost Premium before the factory warrantee expires.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I always get the maintenance plan and the extended warranty because I plan on keeping my vehicle Until the warranty runs out. In my case of five years..
With the maintenance plan. You get free filters, the mustang GT has two.
& you get cabin filters, oil, changes, tire rotation, windshield wiper, brakes etc.
To me, it’s worth it because every year the price of an oil change and everything else goes up.

Yes, you’re paying more money upfront but in the long run, it may be worth it, or may not be worth it Depends on your situation.
Our 2020 F150 Limited, our Truck, her Kitchen, I purchased new July 15, 2020 and as of right now I have one free oil change, brakes if needed etc. left.
I’ve been changing my oil and rotate the tires every three months since 2020.
I guess you have to add up how much an oil change cost every three months, windshield wiper blades if needed, air filters, if needed, tire rotation, and brakes, if needed over the course of five years.
You can pay now, or you can pay later, but, you will pay.
Sponsored

Last edited: