• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Dumbing down is not a danger. Situational awareness is highly, well, situational, and an electronic prod can be helpful. I suppose the fear is that computer based aids will dispose us of our senses; I don't believe that. You can rely on your senses, but you can also take cues from cameras and sensors that augment your own.
Sponsored

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Timely video from CJs!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
that's a pretty cool feature
now to wait for the one person who hates any new feature to complain
I bite. I started driving about 1968 and all the alerts are probably going to get on my nerves. I may find myself looking for ways to turn them off. The other danger is relying on them to much and not being aware of what is going on around you. An example would be a pedestrian waiting for you to get out of the car so they can rob you.
It's the same issue with self driving Teslas. Trust them too much and the last thing you see might be a freeway abutment. Just this afternoon I was driving a pickup down a surface street at 40 miles an hour and as I was about to enter an intersection, a car made a left turn in front of me. I only missed it because I braked hard and was traveling less than 20 miles per hour when the car cleared my path. Had the road been wet or had I been a second slower, the outcome would have been much different.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I welcome and appreciate many of these features, but as with everything in life, it helps to maintain balance.

My current ride is the first car I've had with a fastback design. Ford's BLIS is great, but I've also sensed (no pun intended) it's not 100% accurate in every condition or situation. I watch for BLIS, while looking back towards my blind spot, all while signaling (such a novelty these days!).

Unfortunately, and I believe Tesla drivers are the worst about this, some drivers consider the car superior and defer situational awareness to it. IMO, it's best to use these tools as an enhancement, not a replacement, for our own senses.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
That's great feature and all.

But,

Are we still not getting front parking sensors? A front Camera? Maybe front cross-traffic warning?

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Yeah yeah, many useless sensors but no front sensor/camera...

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
And off we go - people who need it must be stupid, should be banned from driving, never allowed near a road again. I am perfect, have never made a mistake, have never had the wind catch a car door ..... blah blah

The next question is how long it takes for the thread to involve politics and get shut down!

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
And off we go - people who need it must be stupid, should be banned from driving, never allowed near a road again. I am perfect, have never made a mistake, have never had the wind catch a car door ..... blah blah

The next question is how long it takes for the thread to involve politics and get shut down!
It warns you that it’s windy as well ???

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
"Vulnerable road users" who invents such terms? :D

So it will be available from this summer, meaning those of you who ordered in March/April, won't get it? Great for early adopters....

I never open my door that slowly :D and to be honest, I use my side mirrors all the time.

Well anway, it is a nice to have, but I would be pleased if Ford could bring out a front camera instead.

Luckily I never damaged my car without front camera, but it is more convenient.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
"Vulnerable road users" who invents such terms? :D
Pretty well used term - anybody not in a car or truck basically. Vulnerable to the non-thinking actions of car and truck users.

In the UK new drivers are now taught to open the car door with the 'wrong' hand, as in for a right hand side door use the left hand, which makes the body turn to the right improving the chance of seeing a cyclist etc going by. Plenty of people are killed or seriously injured on roads passing cars when doors are opened without checking.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I think yall are putting too much stock in the speed at which they opened the door, I'm pretty sure it was to show off that the system activates as soon as you pull the handle.

Also it's way cheaper and faster to program another use for the already existing rear sensors than it is to design and implement a new front end to facilitate a front camera/sensors. So saying you would rather have that is kind of a moot point.

A more even comparison would be to say "I would rather they spent the time programing my seats to turn on the cooling fans whenever my in cockpit mic detects I've drilled another fart into the upholstery"

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Personally, I would have loved to get HUD...

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I probably won't ever need it as I won't likely park this car in a downtown area, but it's neat enough not to damage my car from a cyclist or pedestrian should I not be giving 100% attention for one reason or another. Yeah, I said what I said. Cyclists are the bane of my existence where I live. They love riding in the middle of our winding 2 lane roads going 10 mph uphill with no regard for cars. More worried about damage to my precious pony.