• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hi
Just posted this in the UK forum but thought may as well also repost here in case some of the answer's transfer across !

Hi
I have an R8 V10 and an Aston V8 and want to add a Dark Horse to my stable.
Few questions of the more learned on here if I may.
1) If I order it in Carbonized grey does it come with the lighter Grabber blue calipers with white writing ?
2) Can the hood /bonnet vinyl graphics be removed /simply not ordered ?
3) Am I right in thinking that the dark ember paint option is the only version that adds the black roof ?
4) Is my chosen Ford store dealer going to give me any form of discount or is that a non starter ?
Many Thanks.
Al
Not sure why a UK dealer would offer a discount. Very limited supply at the moment means they can sell all they get.

Not to say they may not be generous with any trade in or have other sweeteners for the deal.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The dealer I was had the showcased 2024 GT down from ~66k€ to ~62k€, so that's a 6% discount without any negotiation. So I guess 8-10% should be possible for orders

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi R8 ,Audi RS4, Aston Martin GT8.
1) yes
2) At order? No...that's only possible in US. But you can remove it by yourself. It's a normal wrap then can be removed with heat gun.
3) Yes the black roof is part of the Dark Horse Styling Package (which includes Dark Ember)
4) Possible. Just read last week that some dealers in Germany offers 10% discount
Many thanks for your answers to my questions.

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discounts are a rare thing while enrolling a new car in the EU market... However, German dealers offer something between 5 and 15% on average shortly after. Don't know about the UK though. I bet you opt for a rhd model and offers might be scare. But since you can afford much more expensive cars I think you will be fine.
Most questions you have asked so far can be answered by your local dealer. He might offer to get rid of the stripes and other stuff you don't like, he might even offer to import the US version. I know that some German dealers are open for such things.
Thanks - you are probably right although I find sometimes that forum members seem to know more than dealers !

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why a UK dealer would offer a discount. Very limited supply at the moment means they can sell all they get.

Not to say they may not be generous with any trade in or have other sweeteners for the deal.
Yes agree entirely but if you don't ask....
Tbh it will make no difference to the order - maybe I'll try and get the Recaros for nothing.

OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Thanks - you are probably right although I find sometimes that forum members seem to know more than dealers !
Someone who owns an R8 V10 and an Aston Martin, doesn't need discounts! Just kidding :D

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Does anybody know what differences comes with Dark Horse package in Europe? It's an optional in Spain for 1600€ give or take, but I think it's a completely no go if it's just the black roof.... (Way cheaper and easier to vinil it)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anybody know what differences comes with Dark Horse package in Europe? It's an optional in Spain for 1600€ give or take, but I think it's a completely no go if it's just the black roof.... (Way cheaper and easier to vinil it)
From the UK site

(Only available on Dark Horse with Absolute Black, Vapour Blue or Blue Ember exterior paint) - Seat bolsters in Blue - Black Painted Roof (Only available with Vapour Blue or Blue Ember) - Hood accents in low gloss / high gloss - Notorious Blue Painted Calipers with Grabber Blue Logo

mobiax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY20
- Blue Ember paint is only available in this package
- Black roof
- Notorious Blue Painted Calipers with Grabber Blue Logo
- Seat bolsters in Blue with suede leather

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
- Blue Ember paint is only available in this package
- Black roof
- Notorious Blue Painted Calipers with Grabber Blue Logo
- Seat bolsters in Blue with suede leather

Thanks! In Spain you can choose Blue Ember paint without the package for just 1500€.

So, regarding "Notorious Blue Painted Calipers with Grabber Blue Logo" do you have any pics showing the difference between Dark Horse stock and these ones?

Edit. Just seen the differences

S650 Mustang European Pricing & Configurator Released for 2024 Mustang Screenshot_20240206-175309

S650 Mustang European Pricing & Configurator Released for 2024 Mustang Screenshot_20240206-175320

S650 Mustang European Pricing & Configurator Released for 2024 Mustang Screenshot_20240206-175346

S650 Mustang European Pricing & Configurator Released for 2024 Mustang Screenshot_20240206-175336

Last edited:

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Regarding the remote start/remote rev, do we know if it's a feature that has been disabled or "hidden" and that can be brought back to life, or remove altogether ?
I have no idea how that system works ,sorry if the question sounds dumb😅

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding the remote start/remote rev, do we know if it's a feature that has been disabled or "hidden" and that can be brought back to life, or remove altogether ?
Remote start will work through the Ford Pass App. Remote rev needs the key - not sure if we will get that

Reactions: VLG

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
There is no remote start or rev on the remote key for EU models. Maybe remote start might work through Ford Pass App
Sponsored