• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you have a C.L.U.E. about LexisNexis?

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
We’ve had several threads here about insurance costs, so I want to share what I’ve recently learned about a tool used by some companies in insurance industry to help determine your quotes (auto, home, etc.) and what a consumer can do to save money.

Insurance companies can hire companies like LexisNexis that compile information from a variety of sources – some you opt into like a credit card, others you don’t like USPS – to help determine your risk factor. Chances are, you know to check your credit history at least annually for free at AnnualCreditReport.com, but have you ever heard of checking your “Consumer Disclosure Report” from LexisNexis or your “C.L.U.E. Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange” report? I hadn’t until I read about it in a national newspaper last week.

It's almost like they don’t want you to know what’s in these reports. If you are comfortable entering all your personal information online (don’t worry, they already have it), you can use this link to request your report: https://consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com/request. I did and I received a thin envelope a week later with – not the report – but a URL to type in exactly that takes you to a password-protected page to download your report. You cannot open the report until you enter the password again and attest that you are a human.

My mailing contained only the first 2 pages of my 84-page report. The report contained:
  • Identification Records
  • Address Characteristic Record
  • Business Association Records
  • Online Marketing Records
  • Property Assessor Records
  • Insurance Policy Records
  • Automobile Insurance Claim Records
  • Property Insurance Claim Records
  • Driver License Records
  • Inquiry Records
They had an impressive amount of dirt on me. Every address I’ve ever had, my SSN, variations of my name, my home insurance claim, my auto glass claim, and all the times Credit Karma did a soft pull on my credit to pre-qualify me for offers (2-4 times a month!). At least that last one is harmless. If I had any moving violations, I'm sure they would have been on here too.

I have 2 points to make:
  • Get educated about what is in your C.L.U.E. report as if there is any inaccuracy here it is undoubtedly costing you money. There are details on how to file disputes in your report.

• I mentioned in other posts about the sale of telematic data from your Wi-Fi or modem-connected Mustang. This is not speculation or a theory – this company has a whole section of the website dedicated to the sale of this information. “Quickly assess driver risk and price with greater precision with telematics data at the point of quote.” https://risk.lexisnexis.com/products/telematics-ondemand
I’m no insurance insider, or any insider really, and if I offered any misleading or inaccurate information, please do correct me. I believe the information here to be genuine. I’ll be adding this to my annual routine right along with checking my credit history – which I also recommend as errors there are definitely costing you money as well.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'd recommend everyone reviewing their data once a year, for accuracy. Not only for your credit score and how it directly impacts your finances, access to insurance or rates, but employment.

I've used annualcreditreport.com multiple times. Great site. Doesn't take long to go through each of the agencies. I learned about CLUE last year and have been reviewing that information as well.

None of this information evaporates. It's always there. And the credit and insurance agencies aren't the only ones. Any store, any transaction, is archived. Data mining and modeling is an industry onto itself.

Last edited:

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
People worried about Alexa’s in your house but fail to realize we’ve already been tracked for decades

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
People worried about Alexa’s in your house but fail to realize we’ve already been tracked for decades
Sometimes the *bad thing* you know is better than the one you don’t.

dbroush7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium Performance
Thank you for posting this. I appreciate the deets.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This is legit. We use it daily for my line of work. It's not auto insurance though. LOL
Sponsored