• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Didn't see this posted if it is please delete...Stangmode on the 2023 S650 Mustang

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Watched his videos for a short while right after getting my car. Him and Zander. Wish them the best but not my cup of tea at all.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watched his videos for a short while right after getting my car. Him and Zander. Wish them the best but not my cup of tea at all.

What is kind of grabbing me is the renderings of the new interior, even if half way correct WOW!!!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I very much try to avoid giving shitty information any kind of publicity, but the only thing he said that I could see happening is a Boss 302 S650. It would make the most sense as a track focused variant to replace Mach 1 and/or GT350 - but no way they make it a hybrid as he surmises.

The more I think about it, the less likely I think it'll be that we see a GT350 successor. With Voodoo gone, I only see the Boss 302/Mach 1 name plates sticking around for a track mustang.
I can also see GT500 returning with the Predator and hybrid assist for the front wheels.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
What is kind of grabbing me is the renderings of the new interior, even if half way correct WOW!!!
The charging renderings had me wondering if it was a Mustang branded phone of some sort. Why do we need extra lights on the back for everyone to clearly see if you're charging still or not? That will breed resentment if you're waiting on someone when their car has been fully charged for the last hour. For all I know, the chargers already display this though.

Interiors for me are always "meh" at best till I sit my ass in the seat and touch everything like a toddler.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hmmm, I'll listen to what Stangmode says because I know he's friends with Chris Stevens, who designed the '18 refresh and the GT500.

However..........I'm surprised he thinks that "leak" of the orange rendering is anything more than a fan-made render, as that's all it is. Nice to see he used @Ace 's render as well though!

Also....front and rear refresh? That goes against what the dealer video I linked previously who stated only the roof and rear window are carry-overs.

As for the interior shots. Again, just fan made renders, albeit superb ones.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Hmmm, I'll listen to what Stangmode says because I know he's friends with Chris Stevens, who designed the '18 refresh and the GT500.

However..........I'm surprised he thinks that "leak" of the orange rendering is anything more than a fan-made render, as that's all it is. Nice to see he used @Ace 's render as well though!

Also....front and rear refresh? That goes against what the dealer video I linked previously who stated only the roof and rear window are carry-overs.

As for the interior shots. Again, just fan made renders, albeit superb ones.

To be blunt, I don't think stangmode knows anything more than we do about the s650. Yes, he knows Ford designers, but that doesn't mean much when they can't tell him anything as a result of their NDAs.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
To be blunt, I don't think stangmode knows anything more than we do about the s650. Yes, he knows Ford designers, but that doesn't mean much when they can't tell him anything as a result of their NDAs.
Agreed......but you'd think Chris Stevens would at least tell him when he's way off the mark, as I'm pretty sure he is regarding the orange render. Still, "likes and comments" are what drive YouTubers, with accurate reporting way down the list.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I totally agree. The only new information were the MT82 will bereplaced by the TREMEC and the interior render that might be somewhat close to the final product. Unlike the Ford Evos large curved screen this interior would be a clear evolution rather than a revolution.

Anyhow, I liked most of the things he said. Could be all made up but who knows ;-)

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I totally agree. The only new information were the MT82 will bereplaced by the TREMEC and the interior render that might be somewhat close to the final product. Unlike the Ford Evos large curved screen this interior would be a clear evolution rather than a revolution.

Anyhow, I liked most of the things he said. Could be all made up but who knows ;-)
TREMEC coming back for the base GT/non-Mach 1 would be the biggest win since the reintroduction of the 5.0.

While we don't have anything concrete point to the widespread use of the Tremec, as opposed to being reserved to higher end models like the Mach 1 and GT350, I think the fact that the Tremec trickled down to a non-Shelby model (Mach 1) last year, is a decent indication that it may trickle down even further to bless the GT. Death to the Getrag, and good riddance!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Agreed......but you'd think Chris Stevens would at least tell him when he's way off the mark, as I'm pretty sure he is regarding the orange render. Still, "likes and comments" are what drive YouTubers, with accurate reporting way down the list.
I see where you're coming from. But at the same time, Chris is probably really busy working on the s650 and other projects. So I don't know if he's even watching or responding to Stangmode that often. Unless I missed it, I don't think he mentioned Chris in that vid. The last vid he talked about Chris in was when that sculpture was revealed. He said that Chris told him the s650 would look like something out of Tron, which sounds promising.

S650 Mustang Didn't see this posted if it is please delete...Stangmode on the 2023 S650  Mustang MustangHorsepower

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If he's friends with anyone on that team (or 2nd/3rd hand Ford connections)and knows anything real about the car, you can bet he will not post anything online about it or acknowledge it. That is if they even told him anything at all.

So in order to keep up views on his channel, he'll post and comment on other posted stuff for another 10-20min for clicks.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the Tremec comes back I hope they don't neuter it like they did with the MT82D4.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
If the Tremec comes back I hope they don't neuter it like they did with the MT82D4.
I have a '14 with the close ratio set-up. 5th being 1:1. I like it SO much more than the newer gearing. And same for the gearing in my 2002 GT. Hella wide.
Sponsored