• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did you pay a market adjustment?

Did you have to pay a market adjustmemt?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
My dealer does not add any market adjustments to MSRP prices. However, they are particular about whom they sell to. I am curious for dealers that have markups did you actually have to pay it (or any part of it)?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
I suspect most EB and GT buyers didn't pay a market adjustment.

Before I could place an order for a DH, I had my name listed with several dealers within my local area to let me know when something came up. When they would let me know, I asked about a DMA and most if not all of them had one and I would end up turning them down. About a week or so later the car would be sold and I often wondered if the buyer paid the mark up or was able to get away without it.

I created this poll to see where the trends were leaning. If you are a DH owner that was facing a DMA but managed to work the deal without one, that would be helpful to know.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I live in S. Cali and most of the ADMs for GTs are gone. In fact I have been offered cars up to $3k off. You shouldn't be paying any ADMs anymore. Maybe on some DHs but even those are going away.

Iceman28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse
The dealer wanted to add a $5,000.00 mark up. I threatened to walk and he knew I would give them a bad rating on yelp. What saved me was my Dark Horse was a stick. Not a single car on his lot was a stick. The morons around here can't drive a stick, hell they can't even drive an automatic.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
I would wager that in a year or two, the DH models will be trending much closer to invoice pricing as supply continues to improve.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I used X plan on my GT. Another dealer had the Dark Horse and a friend who works there called to let me know they had one optioned the way I wanted. Then he told me, "there is an additional mark up of $5,000". I told him thanks, but no way I am paying ADM and that I would go with the GT at another dealer instead.

I just checked their website and someone bought it (although it has been several months since I looked. I bought mine in September)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
There was a $5K markup. I told the dealer not only was I not paying the markup, I wasn't paying MSRP. They said "okay," but I ended up at another dealer that had what I wanted. Paid below MSRP.

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Im fortunate enough to get A plan through a family member but my dealer never pushes garbage add ons. All the dealers I talked to at the time had huge markups on the DH, my dealer included. I probably could have gotten my dealer to wave it but A plan price was too good to pass up on.
Sponsored