• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So did your dealer give you a useful walk through upon delivery?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I've been watching the Ford videos but I'm more of a hand's on type of person. Did your dealer give you a walk through of any type when you picked up the car? I'm kind of nervous lol !
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
they showed off the fancy gimmicks and bigger features but i knew more about the car than the salesman did so it wasnt really useful

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
No walk through for me, but I also had watched a ton of YouTube videos on the car before I took delivery. Didn't really need it. Owner's manual is your best bet.

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
No walk through with me either, like everyone else, I had been over tons of YouTube videos. My dealership had no clue about the car, or at least the people that I had to deal with

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've gotten the basic walk-through. I had prepared several questions ahead of time, for example, I knew I wanted to disable the auto rev matching, so wanted to know how to set that. My sales guy told me what he thinks should be enabled/disabled as well. For example, we disabled the feature of backup camera staying on for a few extra seconds... that seems dangerous.

Most of the things I picked up from watching YoutTube videos. After that it took me a few weeks to really figure out how to set my settings. For example, nobody told me that navigation voice level vs. music cannot really be controlled in any meaningful way until you start playing music, and hearing navigation prompts--that's when you can use the volume control to set the proper levels.

I keep discovering new features. For example, I just recently found out that there's a place to place your key fob (under the elbow rest if you remove the liner, there's a slot) in case your key fob battery dies, to start the car. Also without exaggeration, 5 days ago I found out I can lock the car by touching the key icon thing on the outside.

So far the biggest thing I haven't quite gotten used to is the lack of a normal handbrake.

DanDanNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EB Fastback, 2022 Explorer Timberline
Yes dealer did walk through. I thought it was very informative, covered all screen topics, console and wheels switches. Paired phone and verified my Ford Pass ID for points assignment.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I probably could have got more but it was getting late and the freeway traffic was pretty heavy so I wanted to get on the road. We did the initial seat adjustment as I am above average height and we adjusted the climate system as it was still over 100 degrees. I have been figuring out stuff as I need it which means I remember it better than I would with a massive data dump.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
No walk through for me, but it was at my request. I already have Sync4 in my F150, so I was pretty familiar with how it generally worked. We just paired my phone, activated Fordpass, and drove out.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
My salesman gave the walkthrough and we paired the phone and I had already added it to the fordpass app long before, but he made sure I got the points faster for the purchase. I probably knew more than he did since this was the first 24 mustang they got in.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
No walk through for me, but I also had watched a ton of YouTube videos on the car before I took delivery. Didn't really need it. Owner's manual is your best bet.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Actually I wished they would have given me the real booklet manual! The one I got with Dark Horse was pathetic!! Not much in it and ended up having to go in the car screen to look up some info! Duh! I rather read the whole book in the house and relax in my chair to absorb the info from a book!

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
I got a walk-through from the saleslady that I dealt with. It was just right. No time wasted on obvious stuff or on stuff I will probably never use, such as changing the color scheme of the gauge cluster. I had been going over the basic stuff in the Owner's Manual that I downloaded the day I placed the order, so I had some knowledge before the car arrived.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I got a walk through. My sales guy though knows a lot about Mustang. He is the President of Mustang Owners Club of SouthEast Michigan and previously worked for Roush and Saleen. And he hosts a podcast about the Mustang.

Indoman22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
He gave me a thorough walk through and it helped that he bought a S650 as well. Since the rep got his Mustang 2 months before I did, he got to know the car intimately and gave me amazing information!

Bruebaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT, 20 GT350, 70 Boss, 69 Mach 1, 67 Shelby
I've been watching the Ford videos but I'm more of a hand's on type of person. Did your dealer give you a walk through of any type when you picked up the car? I'm kind of nervous lol !
Five Star Ford in Aberdeen did a great job going over my 2024 Mustang GT convertible. It was a lot, but they said I could stop back by anytime! I think I’ll try the videos and doing it hands on first. Five Star was GREAT!
Sponsored