• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DH over GT worth it?

OP
OP

lastsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands

Check out what Jim Owens says starting at 16:05 in the video. I have heard him say the same thing in most of the videos featuring him.
Thats interesting and also makes sense, hopefully i can listen to one in person soon. My 911 sounds like a dyson vacuum lol
Sponsored

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My 2 cents:
When I first saw the DH, I really wanted that. Loved all the blue interior bits. The only down sides where that 1) I am not a fan of the black under the headlights, although I have yet to see it in person, so figured I could paint or wrap that if I had to; 2) not a fan of the strips, but could take them off if still didnā€™t like them in person.
Then came the gas guzzler tax. Then came the allocation limits. Then came the ADM.
Wanted that Tremac, but now Iā€™m leaning towards then Auto; for remote start and remote rev.
GT Premium Auto helps with all of the above downsides, so I am leaning towards the GT. However, now that MagnaRide isnā€™t standard, I will need to decide if I need that or not.
Also waiting to see the dash in person. Concerned about glare, especially if I decide to go convertible, and how ā€œsick on-ishā€ it might look (Iā€˜m a huge fan of the double brow, so need to get over that).
Good break down. You seem to know what you want.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
cause it doesnā€™t thatā€™s BS
Come on now. Your mach 1 sounds different than a GT with active exhaust....so why couldn't the dark horse sound different from its GT with active exhaust sibling?

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
honestly, had two PP GTs sounded just like my Mach šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Good break down. You seem to know what you want.
Come on now. Your mach 1 sounds different than a GT with active exhaust....so why couldn't the dark horse sound different from its GT with active exhaust sibling?

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Well, as I want a convertible, I have no choice but the GT.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
bruh which one are you getting ik you aint getting both
I ordered the DH! Just comparing prices between the 2. GT VS DH. For me because I'm getting MSRP on the DH it's a no brainer!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
First time mustang buyer here!

I fell in love with ford after purchasing two broncos for the family and I am looking for a mustang to add as my daily driver and put aside my 911 as a weekend/track car.

The lowest markup dealer for DH was 2.5k above msrp which makes the total cost $75,450

For GT premium with x plan and first responder discount, the total cost is $56,663

I do prefer how the DH looks so I am leaning towards spending extra 5k or so on cosmetic additions to make a GT look like DH (DH hood stripes, front splitter, wings, etc). Not sure if this is considered "upbadging" and frowned upon by the community.

Overall, if you dont plan on tracking the mustang, would GT be a no brainer decision?
I have 2 Broncos and a 911...Who cares? Show off :D :D :D Just ribbin man. I think the Stang will be a nice addition!

OP
OP

lastsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
I have 2 Broncos and a 911...Who cares? Show off :D :D :D Just ribbin man. I think the Stang will be a nice addition!
I gotta say, I am really looking forward to getting a real daily driver that doesnt break the bank, looks great, and sounds awesome. Ford really knocked it out of the park with the S650.

I only own the 911 other two are family cars that I am lucky to drive time to time :)

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I gotta say, I am really looking forward to getting a real daily driver that doesnt break the bank, looks great, and sounds awesome. Ford really knocked it out of the park with the S650.

I only own the 911 other two are family cars that I am lucky to drive time to time :)
But the 911 is an engineered masterpiece. German quality at its best :D

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I ordered the DH! Just comparing prices between the 2. GT VS DH. For me because I'm getting MSRP on the DH it's a no brainer!
did they tell you there will be no mark up? I ordered mine and signed the order sheet he told me my total is 71,105 so im hoping they dont mark it up

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
did they tell you there will be no mark up? I ordered mine and signed the order sheet he told me my total is 71,105 so im hoping they dont mark it up
There will be NO markup at my dealer! My OTD price is $70,603.77

Got it in black & white!
Sponsored