• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse top speed at Hennessey

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
So, I did a 60-150mph pull in my GT at around 700 miles on the dash, and I'm telling you the GT smoked the DH in Acceleration, the DH really struggled to hit the 160 mark and was moving pretty slow from 130-160. I need to do a 0-top out pull and video it, put them side by side and see because that DH seems like an anchor.

OP
OP
Luckydog7

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
So, I did a 60-150mph pull in my GT at around 700 miles on the dash, and I'm telling you the GT smoked the DH in Acceleration, the DH really struggled to hit the 160 mark and was moving pretty slow from 130-160. I need to do a 0-top out pull and video it, put them side by side and see because that DH seems like an anchor.
Agree, I was surprised it looked on the slow side

JohnO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES F Sport, 85 Mustang GT modified
We're missing details here, what GT smoked a DH? Was the GT stock or modded?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The DH in this video is short shifting like crazy and not pulling to HP peak, they should have used the paddles and forced it to stay in a lower gear. I doubt the GT or DH are either noticeably quicker at any given speed.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The DH in this video is short shifting like crazy and not pulling to HP peak, they should have used the paddles and forced it to stay in a lower gear. I doubt the GT or DH are either noticeably quicker at any given speed.
I have a lot of trouble with my gt hitting the soft limiter too fast with paddles, but in sport mode the car doesn't short shift so in my case if rather run it without paddles until I can get a tune that raises the rpm limiter.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're missing details here, what GT smoked a DH? Was the GT stock or modded?
I'm saying my stock 2024 GT, from 60-150 seemed a lot faster than the video above. But as another user said the DH was being short shifted bad whereas I was running the car to the limiter each gear.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I'm saying my stock 2024 GT, from 60-150 seemed a lot faster than the video above. But as another user said the DH was being short shifted bad whereas I was running the car to the limiter each gear.
Draggy times or it didn't happen ;) there's lots of factors, like inclination that can affect times too

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
Yeah, not sure why they don't have that thing to the mats (or in the right "mode")...and if they did, that shift strategy is YUCK.

Also, I am NOT a fan of the top speed being lowered for the S650 models. The S550 GT/PP has the same top speed while the M1 was faster. Makes zero sense. Whether someone ever sees that speed or not...it's principle, IMHO.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
60-130 was just about 13-13.3 seconds with only one short shift. Most of the other shifts were at 7,250 rpm or so, which isn't much of a short shift. 60-100 mph was about 5.6 seconds. That's really slow for 500 hp. My stock '22 Supra 3.0 has a Dragy verified 4.99 sec 60-100 mph in 2300+' DA.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i think it all comes down to the tune, i feel like ford had spaced the gearing and shift points out to match the speed limit they set. hopefully once tuners get in, they can liven these things up a bit.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i would like to see this tried again using the paddle shifters to force the transmission to not short shift. until then, i refuse to believe that the limit is 161

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i would like to see this tried again using the paddle shifters to force the transmission to not short shift. until then, i refuse to believe that the limit is 161
you think higher or lower? with or without the governor? i want to see what these cars can achieve when no limit is set. My 2015 GT was tuned, no governor and only performance mod was a CAI, so stock essentially. I was able to hit 172mph in it, with it slowly clawing upwards before the road was coming to an end and i had to let off. No reason the stock S650 can't easily achieve this or the DH breezing through it. These cars have so much potential, i can't wait for tuning and more aftermarket performance mods pop for it, though that seems to be taking its time.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I wonder if it's the aero on the DH that may be a limiting factor to top speed versus the GT. Well, I would think the DH with the Handling Package to be more top speed limited than the DH without it. In addition, isn't the DH slightly heavier than the GT, granted, the DH does get an extra 14-20 HP (depending on whether your GT has the active exhaust or not).

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
I wonder if it's the aero on the DH that may be a limiting factor to top speed versus the GT. Well, I would think the DH with the Handling Package to be more top speed limited than the DH without it. In addition, isn't the DH slightly heavier than the GT, granted, the DH does get an extra 14-20 HP (depending on whether your GT has the active exhaust or not).
I think it's just the weight on a regular DH, but the HP might add to the effect like you say. The DH is like an extra 150lb heavier or so than a GT. With the weight difference it pretty much negates the 14hp advantage of the DH (vs. Active valve GT) as the GT has a very minor advantage in power to weight ratio. I drove both back to back, though, and felt no difference in speed.

The DH definitely had an advantage in driving dynamics though and the exhaust actually sounded slightly more aggressive, too, and I have an Active Exhaust GT. I think I read somewhere the resonator is different on the DH active exhaust vs. the GT active exhaust.
Sponsored