• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark horse still unscheduled.

KeanuFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse *orderd*
Hello, anyone else have not received there dark horse ? I ordered mine when pre orders dropped back in April but I have yet to get a build date or vin. I want to see if anyone in the same boat as me ? I’m kinda worried my dealership would never get an allocation.
Sponsored

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
You're very much not alone. Likely over 50% of DH orders are still not scheduled yet, maybe more. I'm not sure how many orders they took vs expected builds, but there is a chance that they won't be able to fulfill all the orders for sure.

But don't fret. There's still 9 more production months or so to schedule for (Feb 2024 onward)

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Ordered 3/27, unscheduled and Handling Package cars aren't going to start getting scheduled until February for April build dates at the earliest.

I really don't want to wait until next May (possibly) for my car, so I have been callong around. Just found a white Handling Package car for MSRP vis No Markup Fords on Facebook. Picking it up tomorrow.

bamberge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
+1 ... ordered 4/3/2023, 700A, blue ember, appearance package, automatic, cover, dealer allocation, "unscheduled clean".

sknsr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 2009 Escape
Same here. 4/3. Blue ember, 700A. 10 speed, appearance package. Still stuck in unscheduled clean.

bamberge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Received my Dark Horse on Wednesday, 12/6.
S650 Mustang Dark horse still unscheduled. IMG_1044.JPG

mustangmike2176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '20 Explorer, '17 F150
I ordered on March 6, 2023, in Ontario - Canada: 2024 Dark Horse, 700A, 10-speed auto, App. Pack., Handling Pack., Blue Ember. Still waiting for a VIN...

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Ordered 3-28 contacted Ford chat 12-7 & found out my Dark Horse was built 12-4 so those that ordered in April may have a little wait yet! @Ford Motor Company Hasn't contacted me since 8-14-23. Did get my VIN while on the chat the window sticker is not yet available.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I ordered on March 6, 2023, in Ontario - Canada: 2024 Dark Horse, 700A, 10-speed auto, App. Pack., Handling Pack., Blue Ember. Still waiting for a VIN...
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/dark-horse-order-fail-news-letter-from-ford.159369/

I notice you referenced an HP build. You might already be aware of this issue, but if not, the link could help.

Many of us were under the impression that HP orders would be paused and pick up again the in the Spring. But Ford recently pushed a letter advising dealers all DH HP orders would be cancelled for the remainder of this year. If the Customer was open to having the HP option removed, their DH could then possibly be built in the next several weeks.

Ford might handle things a bit differently with Canadian 🇨🇦Customers. Check out the thread and reach out to your supporting dealer.

OP
OP
KeanuFire

KeanuFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse *orderd*
so are you saying HP is obsolete ? My dealer reached out to me to see if I want to remove it but I told him no because I have waited this long.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/dark-horse-order-fail-news-letter-from-ford.159369/

I notice you referenced an HP build. You might already be aware of this issue, but if not, the link could help.

Many of us were under the impression that HP orders would be paused and pick up again the in the Spring. But Ford recently pushed a letter advising dealers all DH HP orders would be cancelled for the remainder of this year. If the Customer was open to having the HP option removed, their DH could then possibly be built in the next several weeks.

Ford might handle things a bit differently with Canadian 🇨🇦Customers. Check out the thread and reach out to your supporting dealer.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
so are you saying HP is obsolete ? My dealer reached out to me to see if I want to remove it but I told him no because I have waited this long.
He is saying reach out to your dealer ASAP & if you do not remove the HP the car may never be built!

See this post in the forum!
DARK HORSE ORDER | FAIL NEWS LETTER FROM FORD

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It seems you're dealing with two issues:

1. An allocation. If the dealer was unable to secure an allocation from April to late October, I'd begin looking towards other dealers. Houston is the third or fourth largest city in the nation and a huge market. Maybe another dealer. If not Houston, San Antonio, Austin or Dallas. It's going to be an exercise in how wide a net you'd like to cast and how supportive a dealer is at getting a slot. I do understand securing a DH allocation can be difficult.

2. HP option cancellation. Ford has confirmed that for the remainder of this Calendar Year (CY), any HP order awaiting to be built, won't be. Customers can either 1) remove the HP option and allow the DH to be built, or 2) have their order cancelled (by Ford).

The 24 MY has been a bit weird in that it started very early in CY '23 and will continue through to next Fall. It was my thought that, while DH HP cars would not be built throughout the Winter (tires and temperatures), those orders would be picked up again and be built in the Spring. Unfortunately, Ford is telling those customers, who secured an allocation and negotiated towards an order, they'll have to start the process all over again (This is my understanding. Something I'd like to be proven wrong on).

Regarding the HP option and it being obsolete, I don't see that. Maybe Ford has made some updates to the existing gear and will deliver an HPv2. That'd be nice, but it shouldn't require the letter and what's happened thus far. Maybe there is a v2, costing more and driving the cancellation. IDK. HP option being removed and never coming back? That's difficult to see. It's something Customers welcome, like the PP option. Yet another DH variant arriving? Seems to soon for that. Ford's invested a lot of $$$ and wants to maximize their return.

For now, it appears it was simply easier for Ford to cancel anything HP related (inventory control, supply chain limitations, contract support, scheduling software, who knows. Insert thought here) and start at Day 1 in CY 2024. And to loyal Customers who've made the effort and have been waiting, it's incredibly disappointing Ford couldn't continue to work with and support them.

Last edited:

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
It seems you're dealing with two issues:

1. An allocation. If the dealer was unable to secure an allocation from April to late October, I'd begin looking towards other dealers. Houston is the third or fourth largest city in the nation and a huge market. Maybe another dealer. If not Houston, San Antonio, Austin or Dallas. It's going to be an exercise in how wide a net you'd like to cast and how supportive a dealer is at getting a slot. I do understand securing a DH allocation can be difficult.

2. HP option cancellation. Ford has confirmed that for the remainder of this Calendar Year (CY), any HP order awaiting to be built, won't be. Customers can either 1) remove the HP option and allow the DH to be built, or 2) have their order cancelled (by Ford).

The 24 MY has been a bit weird in that it started very early in CY '23 and will continue through to next Fall. It was my thought that, while DH HP cars would not be built throughout the Winter (tires and temperatures), those orders would be picked up again and be built in the Spring. Unfortunately, Ford is telling those customers, who secured an allocation and negotiated towards an order, they'll have to start the process all over again (This is my understanding. Something I'd like to be proven wrong on).

Regarding the HP option and it being obsolete, I don't see that. Maybe Ford has made some updates to the existing gear and will deliver an HPv2. That'd be nice, but it shouldn't require the letter and what's happened thus far. Maybe there is a v2, costing more and driving the cancellation. IDK. HP option being removed and never coming back? That's difficult to see. It's something Customers welcome, like the PP option. Yet another DH variant arriving? Seems to soon for that. Ford's invested a lot of $$$ and wants to maximize their return.

For now, it appears it was simply easier for Ford to cancel anything HP related (inventory control, supply chain limitations, contract support, scheduling software, who knows. Insert thought here) and start at Day 1 in CY 2024. And to loyal Customers who've made the effort and have been waiting, it's incredibly disappointing Ford couldn't continue to work with and support them.
I volunteer as tribute to help test that. I acquired a non-HP DH, but did not tell my dealer to cancel my original order which was DH, BE, AP, HP, Recaro seats. I can check on it occasionally to see if it is still Unscheduled/Clean.
Sponsored