• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
So what exact functionality do you gain here over the last setup?
I wouldn't know yet. My point, which wasn't directed at you, is the new dash simply doesn't look good. It's not about any new functionality or features the new screens might offer.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I wouldn't know yet. My point, which wasn't directed at you, is the new dash simply doesn't look good. It's not about any new functionality or features the new screens might offer.
oh I got ya haha yeah I’m trying to figure out what I miss out on here but I’m not finding much. If you don’t like the visual design of the new mustang I think the mach1 will be just as good. Seems it’s just a skin refresh so trying to get more info on why this is better before I buy.

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wild Cherry Tintcoat ZL1 M6
Yeah, but 😍
I know, and they looked amazing... but after about the 3rd month I *loathed* cleaning them. My A7 was the Competition trim, so I had the S7 brakes in all their dirty, dirty glory.
Great car, was just... boring.
S650 Mustang Dark Horse Mustang Spotted in Public w/ Production Spec Interior! 20200617_062813

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Mustang Spotted in Public w/ Production Spec Interior! 20200617_062742

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Some can't seem to comprehend the difference between aesthetics and functionality.
And in a digital world, where the most advanced cars on the road have giant iPads in the middle of the dash, would inset physical gauges really be a better aesthetic? Or is that just a good way to make a new car look old?

None of us have even used it and we already know that functionally this set-up will likely blow the last system away. Tech and functionality are their own aesthetic in 2022

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
cavemanstang say big screen bad, flip phone good
Nokia candy bar phone BEST! It had a real battery, you could hear what was being said on speaker phone and you could kick it down the block and it would still work.

Oh wait, I'm not posting on Nokia-rules.com am I ...

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Devils advocate: not feeling those wheels at all. They look cheap and just bleh. Half of that might be the 1/2in of dust that’s likely on them though.
They look just like the wheels that you can optionally get on the outgoing Mach 1 and that came with the old PP2. IMO, aesthetically, they're the best wheels that ever came with the 6th gen 'Stang from the factory. I guess you either disagree, or don't like how they look on this car... or you're just tired of them. Cuz they have been around quite a while now, heh.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
They look just like the wheels that you can optionally get on the outgoing Mach 1 and that came with the old PP2. IMO, aesthetically, they're the best wheels that ever came with the 6th gen 'Stang from the factory. I guess you either disagree, or don't like how they look on this car... or you're just tired of them. Cuz they have been around quite a while now, heh.
Fair enough. I haven’t much followed the 6th gen outside of the GT350 if I’m being honest.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
And in a digital world, where the most advanced cars on the road have giant iPads in the middle of the dash, would inset physical gauges really be a better aesthetic? Or is that just a good way to make a new car look old?

None of us have even used it and we already know that functionally this set-up will likely blow the last system away. Tech and functionality are their own aesthetic in 2022
Who said anything about physical gauges? (Although yes they are a still a better aesthetic.) 🙂 The current digital cluster in the 401A package is integrated into the dash without looking like a stuck on iPad. Why not just upgrade the graphics and functionality of that?

Mercedes has figured out how to better integrate bigger screens. The gauge cluster is a little too tablet like but at least they don't have a big bezel sticking up higher than the rest of the dash.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Mustang Spotted in Public w/ Production Spec Interior! Screenshot_20221129-111527-01

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Nokia candy bar phone BEST! It had a real battery, you could hear what was being said on speaker phone and you could kick it down the block and it would still work.

Oh wait, I'm not posting on Nokia-rules.com am I ...
Too complex, destined to break. A can and a string was the peak of communication technology.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
The more I see that front end, the worse it gets. Just looks SO bad.

especially in lighter colors. What the heck were they thinking
Is it just me, or does this dude say the same exact thing on every single thread?

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Who said anything about physical gauges? (Although yes they are a still a better aesthetic.) 🙂 The current digital cluster in the 401A package is integrated into the dash without looking like a stuck on iPad. Why not just upgrade the graphics and
functionality of that?

Mercedes has figured out how to better integrate bigger screens. The gauge cluster is a little too tablet like but at least they don't have a big bezel sticking up higher than the rest of the dash.

Screenshot_20221129-111527-01.jpeg
I agree completely. In the 2026 MY the s650 dash will be significantly different and for the better, by far.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I agree completely. In the 2026 MY the s650 dash will be significantly different and for the better, by far.
I very seriously doubt the 26MY will bring a vastly revamped dash. If anything, thinner bezels.
Sponsored