• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Interior Lighting

slimshaidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Premium
I understand that the Dark Horse/Dark Horse AP interior includes many dark/black features (handles, logo, etc.) vs. the GT model.

What I find strange is that even on my DH Premium with the AP, the door sill logos don't have lights? But the GT models do? Also my "Start Engine/Stop" button does not have any lights and is pretty much impossible to read with the blacked out/translucent letters.

Is this something that is supposed to be illuminated? Did Ford decide to cut some lights in the 4000lb DH for 'weight reduction' or something? 😂
Sponsored

Rdw401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I understand that the Dark Horse/Dark Horse AP interior includes many dark/black features (handles, logo, etc.) vs. the GT model.

What I find strange is that even on my DH Premium with the AP, the door sill logos don't have lights? But the GT models do? Also my "Start Engine/Stop" button does not have any lights and is pretty much impossible to read with the blacked out/translucent letters.

Is this something that is supposed to be illuminated? Did Ford decide to cut some lights in the 4000lb DH for 'weight reduction' or something? 😂
I saw a photo somewhere that showed the sill logos lit up.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I was baffled by the lack of lighting aswell but am okay with it. I was shocked at the weight aswell but this car is so much wider than the 550 becuase before it’d slip right into the garage no problem. Now I have to watch my mirrors or I’ll take one off if not carefull.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting

I'm also wondering about this. Why would they have the light up sills in the GT and not the DH. I would think all the wiring, ect. Would be the same. Is it a setting we are missing?

My red button lights up

DH owners, anyones sills light up?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
No, the sills don't light up on mine (600A interior). Also, I seem to have no DH logo puddle lamps that work, even though it lists them on the window sticker.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
No, the sills don't light up on mine (600A interior). Also, I seem to have no DH logo puddle lamps that work, even though it lists them on the window sticker.
You should have the puddle lights.

I just read over the Order guide. It does say illuminated sills for the GT. Nothing for the DH. It's just weird to me. I want to pop it off and see if the wiring is there.
Sponsored