• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse- rear view mirror vibration

jptresch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang GT, 2024 Grabber Blue Dark Horse
Anyone experience this with their 2024? Inside rear view mirror shakes badly enough it distorts the view when on anything but a perfectly smooth road. Car has ~800 miles on it and didn't do it when first purchased. Doesn't appear to be a simple "oh the screw isn't tight" issue. Gonna take to dealer at some point to see what they say.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jptresch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possibly a bent wheel from a pothole?
I don't feel a vibration. It's only on asphalt that is even the slightest bit rougher. If it was a wheel I would think even on smooth road it might do something. I may get the dealer to check tire balance/road force just to be sure.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
My 2024 GT does this too, I chalked it up to just the exhaust rattling it. I noticed it on my way home from the dealer and I'm now at 2400 miles.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Same thing with my Dark Horse since new. Even the weak subwoofer in the B&O vibrates it a bit, but also just from driving.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
There is a motor drive system to move the mirror from inside. Put your fingers gently on the mirror and see if it moves with a little pressure. If it does, something is loose inside the mirror and you probably should have your dealer look at it.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There is a motor drive system to move the mirror from inside. Put your fingers gently on the mirror and see if it moves with a little pressure. If it does, something is loose inside the mirror and you probably should have your dealer look at it.
There's a motor in your rear view mirror on the windshield?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
There's a motor in your rear view mirror on the windshield?
I though you meant the side mirrors. Anyway, the test still applies. My mirror is very difficult to move and takes a lot of pressure. I had to try a couple of times to force it where I wanted it. If it is easy to move, what ever provides the friction to hold it in place isn't right.

OP
OP

jptresch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, good....or bad to know that most of them all do it.
Sponsored