• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Handling Pack - With or without and why?

Handling Pack - With or Without?

• With

• Without

Results are only viewable after voting.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I had chosen the handling pack cuz you can adjust steering modes in 3 ways - Normal, Sport, and Comfort based on your driving tactics! And even you can “Create a Drive Mode” according to the worthy manual that I’ve gotten! Cool!
Get your own manual so you could create it on your own! I will not divulge any more neat things we can have from the manual again! You’re on your own! Lol!:crackup:
Sponsored

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I had chosen the handling pack cuz you can adjust steering modes in 3 ways - Normal, Sport, and Comfort based on your driving tactics! And even you can “Create a Drive Mode” according to the worthy manual that I’ve gotten! Cool!
Get your own manual so you could create it on your own! I will not divulge any more neat things we can have from the manual again! You’re on your own! Lol!:crackup:
I have the non-HP Dark Horse and I can do the same thing with my steering, drive modes, etc. I just don't have the same physical parts the HP has; which seems to be the real difference between them. From what I can tell, all of the DH technology and in-dash software is identical.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
It'll never see a racetrack so no need to have the HP it would be more expense for the hell of it! That $$$$ can go towards a little forced induction. :rockon::clap:

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
The PP just made lots of sense in the long run. Most mustang GT owners eventually will start modding their cars and have added what the PP offers., so why not get it already done by factory. These cars a heavy and the larger Brembo's are a must. I've had the Torsen T2R along with other upgraded suspension parts in a previous mustang and they all really made a difference in handling and stability.

DrkHrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Bought mine with the HP as for me, it wasn't worth the upgrade otherwise. I plan to track it 10-15 times a year, possibly more. Previous car started life as a base GT and traded it in as half a GT350/half a PP. Very interested to see how the DH HP compares.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I would not get the handling package unless you buy the car as a track toy…Reason is the wide Trofeos will tramline , wear quick/$$$ and wont be fun on colders days and dangerous in the rain !

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I've been debating same question. Don't plan to track, but looking at resale value. However, current HP option is $5,500 plus another $2,200 for new tires for DD. And deals are harder to find. DH is already to expensive. So is a DH with HP going to resell for that much more? Going to check Mach 1 pricing to compare.

Last edited:

TSO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I've been debating same question. Don't plan to track, but looking at resale value. However, current HP option is $5,500 plus another $2,200 for new tires for DD. And deals are harder to find. DH is already to expensive. So is a DH with HP going to resell for that much more? Going to check Mach 1 pricing to compare.
No money spent on a vehicle should ever have any ROI consideration. Assume it's always a loss and you're either spending for the experience value, or perhaps saving yourself in time/convenience.

If you can turn a wrench I can see not bothering with the handling pack and then later modding your ride yourself if you decide you want to race. DHs with the HP are putting down amazing numbers at tracks (it's now Car & Driver's fastest LL2 class track car @ Virginia International).

For those who just dig the aesthetic, I think you can pick up the chinguard for like $900 and call it a day.

Zquez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT, 2019 5.0
Splitter - $900
Spoiler - $2828
Adjustable Strut Top Mounts - $410
Wider Wheels ~ $1500+

Not even factoring in the Trofeo RS tires, you're already at a bargain for the handling package. I already have a track car that sucks up my maintenance time and mod money so getting the car sorted from the factory with everything I would ever want is very appealing. Just replace the tires with more reasonable street tires once the RS's wear out. Every extra piece of the handling pack looks great and it really is what differentiates a Dark Horse from a GT to me.

NachoGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dark Horse, 2016 F250 6.7, 2014 Jeep JK
We bought ours on impulse. Traded our 22 GT on a Saturday afternoon after hitting Costco. It didn't have the handling or seats. What it did have was a 3rd pedal and 6 forward gears. Car still had the foam bumper and door protectors.

Tony

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
No money spent on a vehicle should ever have any ROI consideration. Assume it's always a loss and you're either spending for the experience value, or perhaps saving yourself in time/convenience.

If you can turn a wrench I can see not bothering with the handling pack and then later modding your ride yourself if you decide you want to race. DHs with the HP are putting down amazing numbers at tracks (it's now Car & Driver's fastest LL2 class track car @ Virginia International).

For those who just dig the aesthetic, I think you can pick up the chinguard for like $900 and call it a day.
I think it's largely due to the track focused tires. I think the G87 M2 is likely to be faster given the same category of tires.

Splitter - $900
Spoiler - $2828
Adjustable Strut Top Mounts - $410
Wider Wheels ~ $1500+

Not even factoring in the Trofeo RS tires, you're already at a bargain for the handling package. I already have a track car that sucks up my maintenance time and mod money so getting the car sorted from the factory with everything I would ever want is very appealing. Just replace the tires with more reasonable street tires once the RS's wear out. Every extra piece of the handling pack looks great and it really is what differentiates a Dark Horse from a GT to me.
This is huge. I'm tired of turning wrenches these days. I just want a car that is properly set up from the factory with adjustable front camber so I only have to run different tires and brake pads on a track day.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
I enjoy rowing the gears...however, Motortrend posted 0-60 times...for the manual: 4.1 secs, and for the automatic, 3.8 secs...that's a no brainer for me...and I ordered the automatic.

EdMan63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse, 2023 Explorer ST
The car I purchased happened to have the handling package, but had I ordered one I have no doubt I would have purchased it. I like my toys with all the bells and whistles plus I love the way it looks over the base. If I track it, it's ready.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I enjoy rowing the gears...however, Motortrend posted 0-60 times...for the manual: 4.1 secs, and for the automatic, 3.8 secs...that's a no brainer for me...and I ordered the automatic.
Best thing about the DH is the Tremec 6-speed ! If you go automatic might as well save a bunch of money and get a regular GT...As I said before I would not get the track package either unless you buy the DH as a track car because the Trofeo$$$ wear quickly , will tramline and wont be sticky in rain or temperatures below 60 degrees...Also the Recaros will feel like a vise-grip unless you are a thin-thug...LOL REmember years ago when I tried a GT350 with the Recaros (they are great seats but not in the Ford spec) and I could not wait to get out after a 20 mile test drive...And I am not a fat guy at all...LOL

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Ater road racing for 13 years, my gear shifting hand begged for a break and the AT's in the S650 appear to be pretty awesome.
Sponsored