• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Custom Mode - Sport Mode Adaptive Dampers

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Hey all,

I am trying to get sport mode adaptive dampers and sport mode steering with normal exhaust and I am unable to choose the sport mode adaptive dampers in the Profile 1 setting.
Base drive mode is set as normal, but when I try and change the profile 1 to get me different adaptive dampers - I don’t get the option at all. All I see is normal. Steering can be set to sport - and that’s fine. What am I doing wrong?
Also / what should I do to get sport mode steering, sport mode dampers but normal exhaust as a driving mode?

Cheers!
Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Right now magneride modes are tied to the drive modes, so you have to set drive mode to sport in order to get sport mode for magneride. Can't do normal drive mode with sport magneride. Hopefully they will fix it in a future update.

OP
OP
infinitemberstang

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm.. strange.. so what’s the point of having these different profiles if they are not choosable the way one wants it? What are people setting their custom modes as?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Thats what I liked about the M3/4. You can have everything else set for comfort but set the EDC for sport.

OP
OP
infinitemberstang

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I could change whatever setting i wanted to even in normal mode on all the Camaros I have rented till date.

I still love to know what people are using those profiles for and what settings they are tweaking as I feel I am unable to find an actual use for it if I am unable to choose the dampers type.

Last edited:

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
And I could change whatever setting i wanted to even in normal mode on all the Camaros I have rented till date.

I still love to know what people are using those profiles for and what settings they are tweaking as I feel I am unable to find an actual use for it if I can unable to choose the dampers type.
I have mine set to sport mode with track exhaust. Hopefully Ford will release an update that'll let us choose the magneride mode because I swear I've seen footage of being able to do that before the S650 started production

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i really dont understand why they limited the steering and suspension modes like they did. the F-150 Raptor, Bronco Raptor, and Ranger Raptor dont have this limitation, though they use FOX Live Valve suspension instead of MagneRide. i really wish that they would bring parity to their "active exhaust, suspension, and steering mode" vehicles, or at least give a few more options like the 2020-22 GT500 had. in it there were 2 options for suspension mode in all drive modes but drag strip and slippery

OP
OP
infinitemberstang

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would FoMoCo put these restrictions on? I still don’t get the advantage of these profiles on the s650. And they have 6 slots! 🤣
If it’s only the steering and exhaust - I can just do it via a favorite button.
The number of permutations and combinations of having 3 things to play with is more than just 2 things to choose from.
I am hoping it’s just a software update or something.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i really dont understand why they limited the steering and suspension modes like they did. the F-150 Raptor, Bronco Raptor, and Ranger Raptor dont have this limitation, though they use FOX Live Valve suspension instead of MagneRide. i really wish that they would bring parity to their "active exhaust, suspension, and steering mode" vehicles, or at least give a few more options like the 2020-22 GT500 had. in it there were 2 options for suspension mode in all drive modes but drag strip and slippery

The steering can be cone separate, well at least on the S550's.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
The steering can be cone separate, well at least on the S550's.
only on non-MagneRide equipped vehicles. with MR the S550 and S650 both restrict steering modes when not in normal or slippery. for some reason now all the S650s work like that too, not just the MagneRide ones

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
only on non-MagneRide equipped vehicles. with MR the S550 and S650 both restrict steering modes when not in normal or slippery. for some reason now all the S650s work like that too, not just the MagneRide ones
Ahh, I did not know this. That's ridiculous. If I got a 2024 I didn't want MR anyway.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, I did not know this. That's ridiculous. If I got a 2024 I didn't want MR anyway.
it really is. i'm currently looking into if there is a way to right this wrong with FORScan. my hopes are not high, but it's worth a shot

edit: no luck

Last edited:

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 06 mustang drift car
On both my 2018 GT350 and 2020 GT500 I could change suspension and steering modes in whatever mode I wanted. My 2019 pp2 would not let me change things independently like the Shelby’s would.

OP
OP
infinitemberstang

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like it’s the same story on the DH too! Oh well! Still love the tremec though!

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah, as others have stated, it's tied to driving modes. It seems kind of dumb that in the settings, it makes it seem like you can change each individually.

I ended up just setting a custom profile in normal mode for the magneride (the most comfortable setting for daily driving in my opinion) with sport steering and sport exhaust.
Sponsored