• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Custom Gauges - Digital Means Infinite Possibilities

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Even though late model S550s had digital gauges, from what I recall, owners could only change the appearance of the gauges based on the driving mode selected.

With S650, I'm hoping Ford allows owners to further customize their gauges. I feel as though the Fox Body-style gauge option is a great example of this on S650 already. With that said, since S650 will allow for OTA updates, Ford could in theory allow owners to download additional gauge options (think of it as DLC lol).

If given the choice of a custom gauge set up on your S650, how would you spec your gauges?
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I though the possibilities were amazing once digital gauges became a thing after the Audi TT added awesome features with it like displaying the navigation map in the gauges. But honestly for 90+% of the cars they just give you the same basic predefined options like you had with analogue gauges and a smaller display. So I wouldn't get my hopes too high what you can customize

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
If given the choice of a custom gauge set up on your S650, how would you spec your gauges?
i would love if Ford one day put out an update that added the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis digital dash (or similar styled version)
personally, i would make a layout based on a game like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (2010) or Project Cars 2, or one inspired by another vehicle like the Koenigsegg CCXR or McLaren P1

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
For MY22, we're allowed to change two aspects of the digital gauge group:

1. The overall appearance and layout. The driver can select their display layout themselves; this also automatically changes as the drive mode is changed. Styles highlighted above would have been nice. But this feature in 22 just changes the layout.

2. The gauges themselves can be changed. I have three gauges in the digital display I can change. I selected diff temp, engine temp and voltage. There are up to nine parameters to choose from, with three being displayed at any one time.

The gauges and display fit with the overall appearance of the interior. The feature I like the most isn't event a gauge: its the shift indicator beep. Instead of looking at the tach or shift light when changing gears, I just listen for the beep. Now, I can focus on the road exclusively. The shift indicator RPM can be changed any time; the dash and tach indicators change with it.

While the current setup is nice and I suspect the S650 will improve on it, a HUD would have been welcome, especially in something like the DH.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
GT350s have nice little lights that display as a shift indicator HUD. Two or 3 different modes. They didn’t keep that for the M1? I suppose a customizable audio cue is a little step up in practicality.

For MY22, we're allowed to change two aspects of the digital gauge group:

1. The overall appearance and layout. The driver can select their display layout themselves; this also automatically changes as the drive mode is changed. Styles highlighted above would have been nice. But this feature in 22 just changes the layout.

2. The gauges themselves can be changed. I have three gauges in the digital display I can change. I selected diff temp, engine temp and voltage. There are up to nine parameters to choose from, with three being displayed at any one time.

The gauges and display fit with the overall appearance of the interior. The feature I like the most isn't event a gauge: its the shift indicator beep. Instead of looking at the tach or shift light when changing gears, I just listen for the beep. Now, I can focus on the road exclusively. The shift indicator RPM can be changed any time; the dash and tach indicators change with it.

While the current setup is nice and I suspect the S650 will improve on it, a HUD would have been welcome, especially in something like the DH.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
GT350s have nice little lights that display as a shift indicator HUD. Two or 3 different modes. They didn’t keep that for the M1?
No HUD I'm afraid. It would have been a further refinement, making things better still.

I'm allowed to set the shift indicator at any RPM, in increments of 100; this will change/update two things:

1) the shift indicator light on the tach in the dash

2) the shift indicator audible beep

The HUD would have been welcome in the M1, especially for those who track often.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
No HUD I'm afraid. It would have been a further refinement, making things better still.

I'm allowed to set the shift indicator at any RPM, in increments of 100; this will change/update two things:

1) the shift indicator light on the tach in the dash

2) the shift indicator audible beep

The HUD would have been welcome in the M1, especially for those who track often.
It was honestly such a gimmick in the 350. A fun party trick to brag about, but you guys essentially got something as effective with the rushing tach lights at the top of your gauge cluster that’s visible enough to the periphery anyhow.

I wish we got a full-Monty HUD that would bring the S650 into the 21st century with the rest of the cars on the market though.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I'd go with '13-'14 Boss 302 gauges personally.
something that had a logorithmic scale or at least used 2/3 or more of the dial for 0-80, and then either shifted the dial around >80 or just changed the sweep rate over 80 cause really, who cares about resolution at that point.

Dodge esp is just stupid with cramming 0-80 into the first third with markings so big they are not discernable. So everyone turns on the giant 2-digit digtal speed readout to have an inkling of what the dinky needle is pointing at.

Total. Design. Fail.

Sadly Ford is skating awful close to the same level of retardation.
Sponsored